• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import Word 2007 into RH6

Dec 01, 2008 Dec 01, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I know the answer to this may be as simple as "you have to have Word 2000 or XP installed," however, my office recently mandated an upgrade to Office 2007, and putting an older product on my PC is not a viable solution. The RH product comparison says that RH6 supports Word 2007, but... How?

Thanks in advance,
Andy

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 02, 2008 Dec 02, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andy.

RH6 is not compatible with Word 2007. I'm not sure where you read it was. You might be able to use RH6 HTML with Word 2007 installed but you wouldn't be able to use RH for Word or any of the RH HTML word features (e.g. printed documentation SSL or importing word documents.

I think your best bet would be to get the person providing the word document to save in in .doc format and for you to have Word 2003 installed. If this really is not an option, I'd ask serious questions about your IT department making changes without considering you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 02, 2008 Dec 02, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dual install seems to work better than it used to. There is some information on my site under Snippets.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 03, 2008 Dec 03, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the compatibility information from the "upgrade" page for RH6:
http://www.adobe.com/products/robohelp/productinfo/upgrade/
it clearly shows support for Office 2007.

Anyway, we are now discussing the best route, which may mean my backing off to an older version of office. (Which would be fine by me, I HATE the way M$ "improved" the Office suite.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, Drewster413 is me, too!
Andy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And another thing:

Adobe sales (and what I could glean from on-line help for RH6) seem to say that the "only" way I can create context-sensitive help (remember my developers are using C# as their tool) is through the extensions available from RH7 Server.

Now I'm being told that the Server Edition is not standalone, that it requires RH7 to be usable. Is this sales hype, or do we really need to get both editions if I want to be able to use the server edition?

Confused as ever,
Andy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 04, 2008 Dec 04, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CSH is merely a topic that is opened instead of the default topic. I cannot see how C# affects that. Are you perhaps talking about bubble text help?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
quote:

Originally posted by: Peter Grainge
CSH is merely a topic that is opened instead of the default topic. I cannot see how C# affects that. Are you perhaps talking about bubble text help?

Ah, yes... We (my developers and myself) got things to work properly. I didn't understand myself why I would need the server edition to get C# calls to work. I didn't know that I needed to add the actual "What's This?" files to the RH project, so that help was not working properly.

Thanks to all for your guidance, I think I have this particular problem licked. We will be upgrading to RH7, standard.

Apologies for mixing a couple of different issues into this topic, but that was due to my confusion (not helped by the sales staff) regarding the whole issue of CSH and C# in the first place.

Andy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That RH6 link is misleading me thinks. By MS Office 2007 support I think it is referring to the fact that you can imbed Office 2007 files. The line above says "MS Word Support" but not the versions supported for each version. You have to click on the "More Details" link to see that only RH7 supports MS Word 2007 files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp