5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 4, 2008 2:02 PM by Ned Murphy

Publishing 16000 frames

mgiff Level 1
      I'm new to flash and I'm not sure if there is a setting I need to change. I need to publish a flash file but it contains 16000+ frames. When I try to make a .swf file it says it can only publish part of it. Do I need to publish in another format?

I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks.

Mary
        • 1. Re: Publishing 16000 frames
          The Feldkircher Level 2
          Hi

16000+ Frames suggests you have a great deal of Timeline Animation!..

I suggest you try and reduce your Frame count by using more Actionscript based Animation, Navigation and general functionality.
          • 2. Re: Publishing 16000 frames
            clbeech Level 3
            that is best of course Feldkircher - but it may be difficult for the OP to learn quick enough for the moment.

mgiff - I would suggest that you 'break' your timeline up into managable 'sections' - take the frames from each section and copy/paste them into individual movieclips. then you will need to place the MCs on the main timeline in individual keyframes, in order, create a new layer for actions. now you 'will' need to use a little code, but just some basics.

first, in the 'new' actions layer, select the first frame, open the actions panel and type stop(); Now within each MC go to the last frame of each, insert a new keyframe (on a 'new actions layer), open the action panel and then type: _parent.nextFrame(); (if using AS3 use parent without the underscore) - in the 'last' clip you can just place a 'stop()' on the last frame, or another piece of code to do something else that you would like.

this will cause each MC to play, then move on to the next 'section' of the animation successively. and you should be able to publish the file.
            • 3. Re: Publishing 16000 frames
              mgiff Level 1
              Thank you so much for your quick reply.
              The only part I can figure out is how to imbed a movie clip into a keyframe. I've got the it in the file's library as a movie clip, but when I try to drag it to the stage only the first frame displays instead of playing the whole movie.
              Any suggestions?
              • 4. Re: Publishing 16000 frames
                mgiff Level 1
                Thank you so much for your quick reply.
                The only part I can figure out is how to imbed a movie clip into a keyframe. I've got the it in the file's library as a movie clip, but when I try to drag it to the stage only the first frame displays instead of playing the whole movie.
                Any suggestions?
                • 5. Publishing 16000 frames
                  Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP
                  It will only show the first frame of the mc when the mc is planted in the timeline. If you double click on the mc on the stage it will open it up (in editing mode for that mc) and reveal its full timeline (same as if you open it from the library).

You should have a stop(); in the parent timeline that the mc sits in, and some code to trigger the mc to play(); in the parent timeline. The mc will need an instance name to do this... mcName.play();