Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem in uninstalling Photoshop CC 2015 after the software updates

Explorer ,
Nov 05, 2017 Nov 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I recently updated my Photoshop CC 2015 to Photoshop CC 2018. I couldn't open the application because OS X El Capitan 10.11.2 wasn't supporting it.

As recommended, I updated my software to OS X El Capitan 10.11.06 in order to use the CC 2018.

After the update I realised that Photoshop CC 2015 was still existing on the toolbar as well as in the Applications folder.

I cannot run the uninstall in the Adobe CC Installer folder because it doesn't appear there.

Could anybody help me how to uninstall the Photoshop CC 2015 completely ?

Thank you in advance,

Best,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

The last mac I used was a G5 running OS7 or OS9 they where as bad as windows was back then All I use now is Windows 10.  You need to check out Finders options and settings I would thing that where you cn change Apples defaults.   I change Microsoft's setting in Windows foldrt options view tab  and search tab

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you took Adobe default update to CC 2018 Adobe installer should have removed all prior version of Photoshop.   You need to use the advance install option to keep prior versions of Photoshop.  This is the prudent thing to do. For all new version of Photoshop have new bugs one may wreck you workflow.   Are you sure CC 2015 is still installed on your Mac?  Can you run CC 2015 with what you see can you start CC 2015?

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear JJMack,

Thanks for your quick reply.

Yes, I agree, I am surprised that the older version is still existing since it should have been removed during the installation. I definitely want to remove the older version in order not to have any trouble.

I simply updated via the CC window and there was no possibility to choose "advance install option", where should i have looked for this?

CC 2015 is still on my Mac, it's not launching, there is a question mark on top of the icon in the toolbar.

I can still find the CC 2015 in the Applications folder with only "plug-ins" folder inside. This is what is visible for me, then again I don't know if there are still some hidden files hanging somewhere... I tried to use the AppCleaner for this but it doesn't work.

Shall I run another cleaning program or simply trash this folder and remove the icon from the toolbar ?

Thanks in advance,

Best,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sound like the uninstall of CC 2015 left thing behind like your Plug-ins so you would not loose them.  CC 2015 is not launchable it not still installed.  If you no longer want the plug-ins or you have installed them into cc 2018 you can delete the old cc 2015 plugins folder.  I believe Adobe left them behind because Adobe installer does not migrate or install your third party plug-ins. You have to install them into your new version of Photoshop. 

Personally I keep working version of Photoshop installed.  Who knows what may have been broken or removed in the new version of Photoshop.  Many CC 2018 bug reports have been files Adobe has only acknowledge some, Adobe is working on some of the reported problems but there are many more bug reports that Adobe has not commented on.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again for your quick reply.

So may I trash the "Adobe Photoshop CC 2015" folder completely since there seems to be nothing else ?

Or should I only trash the plug-ins folder ?

Thanks in advance,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would trask all. Why would you want to keep an empty CC 2015 folder.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct. I just thought about the option of hidden files.

Thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Windows and do not like files hidden on me so I set windows options not to hide files. I see normally hidden things in windows file explorer.  I would do the same if I used a Mac Finder would show hidden files and folders.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you know a quick trick to show hidden files on Mac ?

Would you recommend me to uninstall Photoshop CC 2018 and re-install it ?

Thank you in advance,

Best

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The last mac I used was a G5 running OS7 or OS9 they where as bad as windows was back then All I use now is Windows 10.  You need to check out Finders options and settings I would thing that where you cn change Apples defaults.   I change Microsoft's setting in Windows foldrt options view tab  and search tab

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for your help !

But would you still recommend me to uninstall the Photoshop CC 2018 and re-install it again ...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If CC 2018 is working why reinstall.  Even if it were not working I would first try resetting CC 2018 preferences before I would think about reinstalling a version pf Photoshop.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines