• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to pin previously created comments to page element?

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2017 Nov 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am reviewing an xd prototype that a designer has sent me.  this is the first time i have used XD.  I have finally figured out how to pin comments created in the comment bar on the right hand side to particular elements of the design so that she can more easily identify what the comment relates to.  But can't figure out how to now assign 'location' to older comments which were written without placement.  can these old comments be location pinned after creation?

have looked in the FAQs and forum but can't find instruction.

thanks for any advice.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 05, 2017 Nov 05, 2017

I found this a bit confusing too. You have to do things in the right order. If you haven't typed anything, you can't set the pin location. If you typed something and pressed enter, it's too late.

Type what you want to say, but don't press enter. Instead, click on the pin and when you click again to place it, that will close the moment.

Best I can see for a previous comment is to copy the text, delete the comment, and paste in the text to be your next comment.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Nov 05, 2017 Nov 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found this a bit confusing too. You have to do things in the right order. If you haven't typed anything, you can't set the pin location. If you typed something and pressed enter, it's too late.

Type what you want to say, but don't press enter. Instead, click on the pin and when you click again to place it, that will close the moment.

Best I can see for a previous comment is to copy the text, delete the comment, and paste in the text to be your next comment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2017 Nov 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Colin.  Yes, it is not the most intuitive software i've worked with.  I have done a bit of the copy/delete/paste/pin process for previous comments but it's pretty tedious given I had already entered quite a few.  If Adobe is listening, this is an area that needs some improvement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your feedback. You can make your request to the team directly using this link Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines