• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC 2018 - Line Spacing tool BUG!

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Line spacing tool is having a major problem after updating from Photoshop CC 2017 to CC 2018.

When I try to enter a number, it randomly changes it to another one. Also if I try to change the number via dragging over the tool-symbol it first works and then jumps to a numbers over 1000.

My units set for type is points of course. Problem is so annoying. Line spacing tool is pretty important tool, so bug fix ASAP is highly recommended.

When you change the value on line spacing on Properties panel, line spacing value on Character panel is different and vice versa.

Screen Shot 2017-10-26 at 15.42.12.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Hi,

We have released an update for Photoshop which is Photoshop CC (19.0.1). This update includes many (50+) bug fixes for the top customer reported issues in 19.0. To update Photoshop CC to 19.0.1, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop application next to Photoshop CC. Please check this link for more info: Photoshop CC 19.0.1 now available | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Regards,

Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it is a bug that has been picked up by Adobe. It affects text that has been transformed.

In the meantime there is a workaround:

a. Enter the leading value in the Properties panel.

b. When you hit enter the value in the properties panel box will change to something different (that is a bug) but will now show correctly in the Character panel

c. The value applied to the text will be the same as you entered and now shown in the character panel

Note : The workaround does not work backwards - you must enter in the properties box.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2017 Oct 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an awful bug, please fix it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 05, 2017 Nov 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree, control over leading is pretty damn important, fix this already!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to echo .. I'm having the same issue .. and it's real annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a very frustrating bug.

I used the Properties panel but it doesn't allow for a custom leading value.

Also, when entering values in Character Styles, it completely skews the typographic settings.

I'm stunned Adobe botched this. The Type tool has been 100% functional for years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolutely ridiculous that the 2018 Photoshop Update went out like this with his bug and that this hasn't been fixed yet! WTH, lets go Adobe, you know how embarrassing this is for you? Fix this damn bug already! jeeze louise!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We have released an update for Photoshop which is Photoshop CC (19.0.1). This update includes many (50+) bug fixes for the top customer reported issues in 19.0. To update Photoshop CC to 19.0.1, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop application next to Photoshop CC. Please check this link for more info: Photoshop CC 19.0.1 now available | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Regards,

Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you see posts regarding photoshop 19.0.1? it still has. a bug where you don't see changes of amounts entered until you hit the enter key, it should reflect changes immediately upon input.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uploaded version 19.0.1. Original issue was that line spacing tool is not working. Now it works, but the fix is bubblegum fix. You can now use line spacing tool, but when you want to see the result of the change you need to hit enter. Previously you saw the result in real time before to hitting enter. This Issue is also now on type size tool as well. FIX IS PROPERLY PLZ!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What an embarrassment Adobe?? Really? Fixed? I think not. You might have half fixed one problem with the line leading input field and slider, but now you created a mess. Now, not only do you have to hit enter to see the results with the line leading input field, but the font size input field box, the opacity input field box, the fill input field box, and who knows how many more! Can you please fix this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 11, 2017 Dec 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow! 6 and 1/2 weeks since the first complaint and still no fix from Adobe !?!?!

HOW is it that I can NOT change the font size and leading?
Are you out of your minds Adobe ??!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!
And yes, the crop tool is the absolute worst.

Now what took me 3 seconds takes me 42 minutes...... good job

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2018 Jan 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It still is not working for me either.  It is 2018 officially now.  Please fix it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines