Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Catalog migrated but photos all missing

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2017 Oct 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've decided to move from LR 6 to the new LR CC, so I first upgraded to LR Classic and then downloaded LR CC and selected 'migrate catalog'

The migration was successful but there was a warning about some files not being migrated.

However, it seems that none of my photos migrated - the only ones I have in CC are the ones I'd previously uploaded to the cloud from my iPad.

I've tried the migration process again, but it just tells me that the catalog has already been migrated. All my original photos are still visible in LR Classic, but none of them appear in LR CC.

Any ideas how to try the migration process again, and what might have gone wrong?

Thanks,

Neil

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Nov 05, 2017 Nov 05, 2017

I found the problem: it was incorrect permissions on the folder where I'd asked LR to store the local copies of images. It's a shame that it didn't fail with an informative error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2017 Nov 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found the problem: it was incorrect permissions on the folder where I'd asked LR to store the local copies of images. It's a shame that it didn't fail with an informative error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines