• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat Pro XI Crashes when Scanning

New Here ,
Jul 06, 2017 Jul 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Adobe Acrobat XI Pro and have done without issue for some time. As of yesterday when I am scanning from my Canon LIDE 220 Scanner the process crashes and I get the following message:

Adobe Acrobat has stopped Working - A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available"

No solution is provided.

I have done a "Repair Acrobat Installation" and ensured that I have latest version 11.0.20.

Please help. Work stops without the scanner!

TOPICS
Scan documents and OCR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2017 Jul 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have same problem with Acrobat XI and a Canon 9000F Mark II scanner. For several years, this has been a rock solid reliable combination of hardware and software, but not in the last 30 days or so. Repaired Acrobat installation. Updated Canon driver, dated May 1, 2017, which could be the source of the problem. Very annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2017 Jul 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue.  Started happening about 60 days ago.  Tried both the DC and $500 package of Adobe Acrobat Pro and same thing.  Using Samsung c1860FW with latest drivers.  Frustrating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 15, 2017 Aug 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having basically the same issue.  Started happening a couple of months ago.  I try to scan a document on my CanoScan 8800F, and most of the times I get an application crash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 17, 2017 Aug 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mark,

Could you too share the required info asked here?

Thanks

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 17, 2017 Aug 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the issue reproducible to a particular document? No. I can have the

crash happen, restart Acrobat, and scan the page again and have it work.

Acrobat version: Acrobat Pro XI version 11.0.21

Does the scanner work with other applications? Yes. I have never had a

scanning failure using VueScan.

In the last two days, I've had zero crashes. I'll provide a crash dump

when it crashes.

Mark

On Thu, Aug 17, 2017 at 7:40 AM, risharmaAdobe <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2017 Aug 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same problem, seems to have started when Windows 10 did an update a short while back. I have a Xerox printer/scanner that was trouble free till we went from Windows 7 to Windows 10.... perhaps a patch will be provided from Microsoft some day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 08, 2017 Aug 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi trevora76464419​, brucec40160679​, andywike​, mikeb86531431​,

Perhaps its a Microsoft issue, perhaps not.  Could you please share some information for further investigation?

1) Are scans reproducible in a certain settings or steps?Mention them.

2) Acrobat version

3) Are scanner working with other applications that use scanners?

4) Please share crash logs whenever Acrobat crashes in step 1.

To create logs please follow these steps.

1.            Retry the scenario where Acrobat crashes

2.            Do not close the pop-up when Acrobat crash

3.            Open Task manager

4.            Right click on “Acrobat.exe *32” process and select ‘Create Dump file’

5.            It will create a log file in temp folder. (Path will be displayed on pop-up comes when logs created).

You can also check this under

a.            Open Run process (Win+R)

b.            Type %temp%

c.             Logs file will be available here with name Acrobat.DMP

Steps to share the file using Adobe send

Share the file using https://cloud.acrobat.com/send

a.            Open this link

b.            Click on “Select files to Send”

c.             Click link "Select file from my computer" and Select the file

d.            Click on Create link

e.            Share this link

Thanks

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2017 Aug 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I sent you DMP file as you described here, same new issue with Acrobat XI and Canon 9000F II after previous long successful running.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 11, 2017 Aug 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ivan,

You have to share me the link for the DMP file you uploaded to cloud.

Thanks

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2017 Aug 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

here is the link to share:

Shared Files - Acrobat.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2017 Oct 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Canon Pixma 5320 which has successfully scanned hundreds of documents on an HP laptop and on my Surface 4 Pro, but after recent Windows 10 updates it started crashing when I used an HP scanner. I removed the HP scanner and uninstalled Acrobat. I reinstalled Acrobat and reconnected to my Canon scanner. It always asks me if I want to make Acrobat my default PDF file handler, when I start Acrobat, I always answer YES and that never works, it keeps asking. I have tried running Acrobat as administrator and that doesn't fix EITHER the problem of not being able to set Acrobat as my default PDF hander nor the problem I have with acrobat crashing every time I try to scan pages. Sometimes I can get away with scanning a single page before it crashes, but this is completely unacceptable and getting a MAC starts looking more attractive every day.

I am using Windows 10 Version 1703, build 15063.674

I have Adobe Acrobat 11 Pro, version 11.0.0

I have a crash dump, but don't know how to attach it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2018 Apr 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 7 Acrobat Pro X

Brother  MFC_L2710DW

Network Connection

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 14, 2018 May 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the logs. We will verify the logs and update you.

Note: Acrobat Pro 11 or below are already declared as End of support product, End of Support means that Adobe no longer provides technical support or distributes runtimes. This policy affects product and security updates for all derivatives of a product or product version (localized versions, minor upgrades, operating systems, dot and double-dot releases, and connector products). The issue you are facing might be fixed in the latest version(Acrobat DC). So I suggest you, please use the trial version of latest Acrobat DC- https://acrobat.adobe.com/in/en/free-trial-download.html , as there are multiple updates in Acrobat DC and this issue may already resolved there. Also, you will have an option while installing Acrobat DC that it won't impact your installed version of Acrobat 11 or Acrobat 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2017 Aug 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem under the same circumstances. Running Acrobat XI and a Canon Lide 220. Worked perfectly for over a year, and now refuses to complete a scan. Error Message: "Adobe Acrobat has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

I'm not 100% certain, but I believe this started happening after the Windows 10 "Creators Update" . Had put that off as long as possible, but then it stated itself one day....

Please figure this out; my workflow is dead without use of the scanner...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2017 Aug 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the info requested by tech support above:

(1) Are scans reproducible...: No. Error happens every time

(2) Acrobat Version: 11.0.20

(3) Does scanner work with other applications: Yes; including Elements

(4) Crash Log link below:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2017 Nov 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat X exhibits same problem.  Worked perfectly long after initial WIn 10 Update.  But during this summer (probably the WIN 10 Creator update), it malfunctions (hang/crash) almost 100% of the time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with my Canon MG7550.  This is a wireless scanner and the problem occurs on my PC (Win 7 and Acrobat DC) and on my laptop (Win 10 and Acrobat XI pro).  I also have a Canon DR F120 scanner and this, whist not completely crash free, is much less of a problem.

Drivers and all relevant OS and software updated regularly.

Is progress being made on fixing this please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am facing the same issue.  I have 7 Fujitsu fi-7160 scanners with 7 Adobe Acrobat DC users, and it happens intermittently with every user.  I have submitted a couple support tickets, and even sent in dump files when the crashes occur, but have never heard anything back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem for a couple of months now. It must be a problem with Acrobat XI Pro because Foxit Reader scans fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2017 Nov 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope this helps many of you with the issue of Adobe Acrobat Pro or DC crashing while Scanning.  After much heartache and frustration I have finally found peace with this issue.  Hope that it works for all of you as well.

I have windows 10 installed with the latest Adobe Acrobat Pro installed.  Important to note that I had the same issue with DC as well.

I have used multiple models of scanners/printers, brother, hp, Samsung, Konica, etc...All of them would produce the same errors when scanning.  It was unpredictable as well.  Sometimes would work and sometimes would get the Adobe Acrobat Program has stopped working message.

I hope I do not jinks myself but here is what worked for me.  I created a PDF document with one page in it and called it "scan.pdf". (probably doesn't matter what you call the file or how many pages are in it)...  Open this file or similar file first, then select scan to append to existing document.  Works every time for me.  You can then with extract the pages that you want to a file name or copy and paste them to file explorer or similar...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2017 Dec 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Drat, didn't work for me. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2017 Dec 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea.  I jinked myself.  This problem has started happening again for me.  Doesn't matter which printer I use. Brother, Cannon, Konica, HP, etc....  Definitely seems to happen less to me when I open a previous document and add to it or create a blank page first and then add to it.....

Good luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Adobe acrobat DC and Adobe acrobat Pro with CS4.

The DC gets that error and the Acrobat Pro in the CS4 Package still works fine.

Just to let you people know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2018 Jan 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had same issue using Canon LIDE 210..

Here's what fixed it for me.

Open "run" prompt in windows by pressing WINDOWS KEY + R on keyboard.

In run box type: SERVICES.MSC and hit ENTER or click OK.

In services, double click on "Windows Image Acquisition (WIA)" service.

Look for "startup type" under the "general" tab.

Change the startup type to "Manual"

Select Apply and OK

Reboot computer and try scanning again.

I hope this helps someone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines