• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat X or XI, file can not be saved.

Participant ,
Nov 05, 2017 Nov 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Under the macOS 10.11 and 10.12 systems  using Acrobat X or XI version to open a PDF file, Continue to save as the PDF file. Then the software will remind file is in use, can not be saved.Can you tell me how to solve this problem?

屏幕快照 2017-07-20 15.12.58.png

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to File > Save as and type a different name. If necessary, save it to a different location.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1.Save as a different name is the same result(can not be saved).

2.Save it to a different location,but we don't want to do one more step.  We just want to save it as the original path (overwriting the original file). Are there any other good methods?

3.No problem occurs in 10.10 or less of the system.Why does this new system have this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's not the system. It's the document.

It happens to me when I move a file or rename it in the Finder and then continue to work on it. Do a save as with a similar name and delete one of them. That's what I do. Then I try to be more careful with my work habits.

If the software won't let you do something, you have to find a way to make things work. I wish it weren't so! As to why, I am a user just like you, and maybe the engineers can tell you "why". I sure can't!

Also, if you opened it from email, make sure you are not working on the one in your email downloads folder. It should be moved or saved as to a better (real) location.

Best,

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines