• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rotated pages won't crop

Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2017 Nov 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to resize a complete document to make all pages the same size. To achieve this I am using the crop tool to change the pages to a custom size. Yet certain pages will not resize no matter what. It turns out these are pages composed primarily of image(s), which Acrobat tried to rotate to landscape after text-recognition. However, I've also tried resizing prior to text recognition, and after removing hidden information. No matter what these pages absolutely will not resize! Can anyone say why?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 05, 2017 Nov 05, 2017

It depends on which version of the document. In one version, before text-recognition, I have also tried multiple times to delete the hidden cropped information then resizing. The cropped info is checked and Acrobat says it will be removed when the document is saved, but that never happens. It won't go away until I run text-recognition. So I haven't found a way to attempt the resize on the non-text-recognized pages, though I did also try running "Protection--Remove Hidden Information" on a versio

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 05, 2017 Nov 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try using the crop tool on one of the pages again. Cropping is temporary, and you can get the original back by uncropping unless you have deleted hidden information.

Is the original info still there or not?

You can cancel the crop to not make any changes. You are just looking right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It depends on which version of the document. In one version, before text-recognition, I have also tried multiple times to delete the hidden cropped information then resizing. The cropped info is checked and Acrobat says it will be removed when the document is saved, but that never happens. It won't go away until I run text-recognition. So I haven't found a way to attempt the resize on the non-text-recognized pages, though I did also try running "Protection--Remove Hidden Information" on a version of the document after text-recognition, so maybe I actually did. In short, neither removing hidden information or resizing seems to work like it is supposed to. Yesterday I finally did what I essentially sought to do by printing as a pdf under the highest quality settings. This removed the hidden info, resized everything, and then I ran text-recognition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So is it solved now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, in a roundabout way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think it was the hidden information with the crop. You might test it later if you have time or are so inclined.

But at least it's working now, yay!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines