• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2018 Constantly Crashing

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before updating photoshop, I never had problems. Now, with Photoshop 2018, It seems to freeze and crash all the time. Anyone else experiencing this or know how to fix?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kyleeb,

As Photoshop is crashing could you please let us know which operating system are you using?

Also, let us know when does Photoshop crash?

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this problem. It's crashing every 10-15 minute on a project I'm working on right now. Some things that seem to trigger it is general lassoing, brushwork with textured brushes (like Kyle's watercolour brushes). Basically anything that makes it compute something seems to make it crash.

Operating system: Windows 10 64 bit

The latest update is such a mess due to this atrocious problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also experience many crashes and instability, especially when using quickmask

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried resetting your Photoshop preferences which you can do under the General tab in Photoshop preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2017 Nov 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having same problem. Its ridiculous.

What triggers it? anything, changing resolution from 2000px to 5000, selecting zoom tool, selecting crop tool, etc. Absolutely useless. I haven't set any preferences, pretty much a fresh install. It seems with every new update its going worse.

same workflow and file tipes for the last 6 years. Now, i cant even work 5 minutes before it crashes.

Im using win 10 64

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 26, 2017 Nov 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even though you haven't set any new preferences, resetting the existing ones may help overcome any application corruptions that can occur. Try it and see!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for replying, unfortunately resetting preferences didnt work.

Ive installed version 2015 and im working with no problem on the same file that 2018 cant handle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try unticking Use Graphic Processor under the Performance tab in Photoshop Preferences.

If the above doesn't work I suggest you uninstall Photoshop CC2018 using the drop-down menu in the Creative Cloud app (see screen shot) and then reinstall. If that doesn't work you may need to use Adobe Cleaner after uninstalling. (I assume your computer has the correct specs!).

uninstall.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 15, 2018 Jun 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yep I hate to say it but I have found the latest updates of Photoshop CC 2018 have become totally unacceptable particularly for drawing and sketching or any textured mix media using kyles brushes recently. I get crashes with Kyles animator pencil on the regular as in every 15 minutes at least running no more than 4 layers at near screen resolution maybe a bit bigger. I'm not sure if it's that I have to work at very low resolutions as in screen size only when sketching with these pencils or what. It didn't used to crash this much it feels and it is making it slowly unusable for this paid software. I am running a Wacom mobile studio pro 16 with 16 gb ram 512 running latest graphics cards N Vidia Quardo  M 1000 with correct drivers that work fine in Z Brush, Artrage and maya without any crashing. and tried fresh re install with reset preferences but seemed to make no difference to the crashing frequency.

I recall doing a full a4 300 dpi painting late last year with the regular kyles brushes before they were intergrated as a download through photoshop and it barely ever crashed and I could work for ages and the computer would run smooth.

not sure what has gone wrong, I didn't install too many brushes either and my computer is only 2 years old if that.

Hopefully this problem is remedied in the next version or they take out some unessesary functions or add ons that are bloating it up. I dunno it certainly feels heavier.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines