• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC 2018, Can't target texture

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, since the last update in Photoshop CC 2018, i can't target the texture of my .obj model as explained in this tutorial : 3D painting in Photoshop

Can you help me to fix this issue ?

Thanks

Vincent Lagardère.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I explain a little more : I use to open .obj first then the texture by double-clic on layer panel. Normally if I use a split view of both, I can see the position of my brush simultaneously. And if I made change on .psb file of the texture and quit with save, the .obj don't update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

It still works here on CC2018:

You could try resetting preferences and see if it resolves

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

gizmo2.jpg

Hi Dave, I reset my preferences it seems a little better and the update of .psb works now. BUT, and it still one of my biggest issues, I can't see the position with cursor (in 2.) where I work. (The capture was made with a co-worker who don't update his version.).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the red line instead of a cursor that I see with photoshop 2018 CC, only on .obj view when I work on .psb (plane texture), when I work on .obj I can't see where I work on texture file..

gizmo capture_11062017_132225.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I see this in CC2018:

Or the other way round :

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, that's what I need... How could I restaure this ? Is it possible that the french edition have some kind of bug. And how could I fix it ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Possible - but try another couple of things first. Are you main 3D layer and your texture psb set to differing bit depths? If so try setting them the same , or make a quick model with them set the same, and see what you get.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both are in RVB/8bits. But one thing is strange (and seems due to new tools), the size of my brush are differents. On .obj my brush 13px are huge but on the .psb the size 13px are smaller (about x5 times).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ,

Although I could not reproduce your issue , you are seeing something wrong. Can you raise the issue at the link below where it is more likely to be seen by Adobe staff (this forum is user to user). Please give your system details and the version (and locale) of Photoshop

Photoshop Family Customer Community

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Dave for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines