• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR with the use of MIDI2LR and a midi controller

Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using a midi controller with the plugin MIDI2LR which works great the only thing which is not possible is the use of the alt key together with the functions.

As an example the [Alt] masking slider which brings up the black and white screen to select the proper amount of sharpening. According to the creator of the plugin, this is actually an LR bug that this is not possible.

Anyone, who knows a kind of workaround?

Thanks

Coert van Duijnen

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The SDK for plugins doesn't provide any way for a plugin to invoke the functionality you get by holding down Alt / Opt, unfortunately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And Lightroom ignores the Alt/Opt key when changing values through the API.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 21, 2019 Jun 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have run into the same "issue".

Is there an official that could shed some light on this if it is at all possible?

Holding the Alt-Key down on the keyboard before turning the knob on the midi-controller would also be a viable option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 21, 2019 Jun 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe product developers haven't participated in this forum for years, but they do actively participate in the official Adobe feedback forum.  I see that you've already posted in the relevant thread there: Lightroom: List of Lightroom SDK LrDevelopController bugs | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Unfortunately, Adobe has invested very little in the LR SDK over the past many years, other than to fix a few of the more blatant bugs that have gotten introduced in recent versions. On the other hand, MIDI2LR is a very popular plugin, so if a lot more people add their votes to that topic, it will be more likely Adobe will pay attent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 22, 2019 Jun 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks! I am aware that they don't participate much in this forum anymore. Despite the fact that it's running on the Adobe domain

I posted here and over @ the family forum to raise the awareness in the hopes that this issue get's notified. But then again, the thread that LR should recognize PSB files is in it's eight year. Hope dies last!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines