• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing Image Sequence BUG

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After struggling to import an image sequence of PNG images for hours, I finally discovered that Premiere is very sensitive to the file name. The program that generated the PNG images named them "movie10000.png" ... "movie10201.png". Even though the last three digits of the filenames ended in numbers sequentially from 000 to 201, Premiere did not like the preceding two digits ("10"). I think this is a bug that should be fixed!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Criss_Hartzell,

I am sorry that you are facing trouble working with Image Sequence in Premiere Pro.

Please elaborate your query & we will try to help.

It seems to be working fine at my end (with the same filenames), I tested in Premiere Pro v12.

Thanks,

Kulpreet Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was using Premiere Pro CC 11.2.2 (build22). I just upgraded to 12.0, and it has the same problem.

There was no error message, but the file that is imported into the media browser is 4'30" long (from 189 still images) but it seems to be only the first image. Also, at 30fps, 189 still images should make ~6min.

I am running Win10 Pro, version 1703 on an Intel i7-7700 4.2GHz with 64GB RAM.

When I use the same images with VirtualDub, it works fine.

The images are 2340x1344 8-bit RGB PNG files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the additional information, Criss_Hartzell.

There was no error message, but the file that is imported into the media browser is 4'30" long (from 189 still images) but it seems to be only the first image.

Do you mean 4 minutes and 30 seconds?

If you are importing your images as an Image Sequence it will appear as a single image (or a single thumbnail) in the Project panel.

Importing still images into Premiere Pro

-Kulpreet Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Best to rename the stills starting with 000.png, 001.png etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines