• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When I use Font Awesome in Photoshop CS5.1, it crashes straight away

Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to type with/edit a text layer that uses Font Awesome in Photoshop CS5.1, it crashes straight away.

I am using a late 2015 retina 4k mac, running High Sierra. However, this problem was still happening when I was running Yosemite.

Does anyone know why this happens?

Is there a fix for it at all? As it is super frustrating having to use SVG icons all the time when I can just use an icon font. (Other icon fonts work and don't cause me this problem)

Thanks in advance.

EDIT

• I have tried the same version I have installed on my Mac on a macbook air late 2012 model, running Yosemite, using the same version of Photoshop and on a pc using the same version of Photoshop and they didn't have the issue at all.
    • I used Font Awesome on an older Mac, think it was a 2011 model which was running Yosemite and I still had the same issue.
    • It also works fine on Illustrator (CS5.1) & InDesign (CS5.5)
    • I have tried to install older versions, I have also uninstalled and reinstalled the font.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Keyp,

Although a font crashing Photoshop might be happening because the font is corrupt, however I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned on the link below and let us know if it helps:

Troubleshoot fonts issues in Adobe Photoshop CC, 2015, 2014, CS6, CS5

Regards,

Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, none of these solutions fixed my problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried contacting Creativedo (the makers of Font Awesome). Unfortunately with such old software, they may not support it anymore but may also have some known fixes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

kstohlmeyer1​ Thank you for the suggestion, the version on their site does not work with my version. I will check out their forums and see if they have any solutions.

Thank you for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines