• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing data required to run Elements

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently had major hardware problems on a pc with Elements 4.0 installed.  The solution required using a reconditions pc with my hard drives.  The pc seems to work OK, but when I try to run Elements, I get the error message:  "Your Adobe Photoshop Elements user name, organization, or serial number is missing or invalid.  The application cannot continue and must now exit.".  Can I just uninstall Elements and reload?  Will this affect the picture files?  The pc with Elements installed is not online, although I don't know if that matters.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you move your disks to a different PC a lot of apps will stop working and you'll have to reinstall them. From the original disks with the original serial number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I reinstall,  I am assuming that my original photo files will still be OK and I can access them.  Is that correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes all your photos are on your hard drive, so reinstall won't affect them.

The photoshop elements organizer doesn't actually store those photos, but just catalogs them with links to those images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, next question.  When I try to uninstall Photoshop before reinstalling, The pc does not list Photoshop as an installed program even though the program and most of the files are present.  If I start to reinstall, will I get a lot of 'files already exist' type of messages and will that stop the installation?  Or do I have to manually delete all the Photoshop files?  If that is the case, are they identifiable?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The install must have gotten majorly messed up in the process of fixing your computer.

I would just try to install off your pse 4 cd and see what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally I got Photoshop reinstalled.  It involved a trip back to the dealer because one of the drives was bad.  Now it installed but apparently lost the links to the Photo files.  I tried loading from files, but I get a message that the file already exists.  Also It won't let me enter a folder name to try and get all of the pictures at one shot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If in the pse 4 organizer you go to Help>System Info and look under Current catalog, does it list one and a location?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Jeff, It does have a catalog name and location.  I don't know how important the catalog name is, but the location is definitely not the location of the pictures.  I assume there must be a way to set the correct catalog name.  Thanks for your help so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it does.  It has a catalog name and location.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines