• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Frame Animation - Adding An Object that Doesn't Start on First Frame - PS CC

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2017 Nov 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Guys - First post here, so let me say thanks in advance for your help, and your patience. I did a search in multiple places and couldn't find the answer.

High Level

I'm trying to figure out how to make a gif and add content to it in PS CC. I have figured out how to get a layer to stop when I want it to (by keeping it visible until it reaches the desired frame), but I'm having trouble figuring out how to add a layer that doesn't start at the beginning.

Detailed Description of What I'm Trying to Do

I'm trying to animate a gif of the Three Amigos Salute with different faces. Powerful stuff, I know.

https://giphy.com/gifs/sY1yvrxROgCM8

So I figured out how to add the faces (first faces). The problem is, towards the end, the characters turn their heads, requiring new "faces" (second faces) to layer on top.

I figured out how to make the first faces stop when the head turns. However, when I add the next layers with the second faces, they play from the beginning. I only want them to start at a certain frame.

Is there a way to accomplish this?

Thank you so much,

Jeremy

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 04, 2017 Nov 04, 2017

As far as I know, when you add the frame, it would be best to make sure "New Layers Visible in All Frames" is unchecked. You will then have to go through each frame of your animation and turn on the visibility of the new faces. I guess you could leave that new layers check and turn off visibility in all the frames where you don't want it - whichever has the least amount of frames to change.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I know, when you add the frame, it would be best to make sure "New Layers Visible in All Frames" is unchecked. You will then have to go through each frame of your animation and turn on the visibility of the new faces. I guess you could leave that new layers check and turn off visibility in all the frames where you don't want it - whichever has the least amount of frames to change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just found out that you can select a range of frames, then turn the visibility on or off on a layer, and it will affect only those frames selected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you - I discovered this (of course) soon after I posted it. Thanks for your help and putting out the right answers for anyone else as dumb as I am.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not a dumb question, and I too often find the and see right after I ask about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines