• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I cannot open photos in photoshop cs5..error message: could not initialize photoshop because and unexpected end of filewas encountered

New Here ,
Jul 31, 2017 Jul 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

? could not initialize photoshop because an unexpected end of file was encountered

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 31, 2017 Jul 31, 2017

Try resetting you preferences start Photoshop immediately if not sooner press and hold down Ctrl+Alt+Shift or CMD+Option+Shift.  If press quickly in time Photoshop will prompt do you want your preferences deleted. Reply yes.  Photoshop will generate a new set of preferences for you and hopefully open.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The message sound more like Photoshop could not start.  Doe Photoshop open.  If Photoshop no longer starts try resetting you user id Photoshop preferences.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try and open a photo in photoshop is when I get the error message....This program I pay monthly for.

Thank you,

Barbara

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No photoshop will not open...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting you preferences start Photoshop immediately if not sooner press and hold down Ctrl+Alt+Shift or CMD+Option+Shift.  If press quickly in time Photoshop will prompt do you want your preferences deleted. Reply yes.  Photoshop will generate a new set of preferences for you and hopefully open.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok took me a few times....got a message scratch disks cleanup..clicked ok and now able to open and close appropriately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to hear...

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It has been usefull for me too. I have had the same problem and with your answer it seems I solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines