• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tired of Lousy Creative Cloud App Updater

Explorer ,
Nov 05, 2017 Nov 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For about the sixth time in recent memory, the stupid Creative Cloud app updater has failed updating Illustrator CC. What's even worse is that it >>uninstalled<< Illustrator CC and then failed to do the new install.

So now I don't have access to Illustrator CC...even though I continue to pay for it. Do you think Adobe will let me skip paying them for a month or so, if I claim that my credit card disappeared or something??

If anyone knows how to get this idiotic app updater/installer to work reliably I would really appreciate hearing about it.

System: Windows 10 64 bit Fall Creators Update installed.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Here's a quicker solution that worked for me.

Let the app updater try to update the app, which will delete the old version and then crash.

Delete the c:\Program Files\Adobe Illustrator CC 2018 folder. You may have to reboot your system before attempting this, as the app updater appears to put a file lock on the folder, or one of its files, which the fastest way to remove is via a reboot.

Relaunch the app updater. It will offer to install Illustrator. This time it will succeed.

You will probably lose

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi,

what exactly do you see when you try to install illustrator using the cc desktop app?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I open up the cc desktop app, by clicking on it in the task tray.

It tells me there's an update for Illustrator CC, which was previously installed and working fine.

I click Update.

It downloads the update package, and begins the update process by removing the existing Illustrator CC app.

It crashes, saying update failed. Clicking on learn more displays the following:

Exit Code: 145

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

- 2 fatal error(s), 0 error(s), 1 warnings(s)

FATAL: Error (Code = 145) executing in command 'MoveDirectoryCommand' for package: 'AdobeIllustrator22-Core', version:22.0.1.253

FATAL: Error occurred in install of package (Name: AdobeIllustrator22-Core Version: 22.0.1.253). Error code: '145'

WARN: Target directory already exists: 'C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator CC 2018\Support Files\Contents\Windows'

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Further info: when I try to navigate to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator CC 2018\Support Files\Contents\Windows, I get an error message about the folder not being accessible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here's a quicker solution that worked for me.

Let the app updater try to update the app, which will delete the old version and then crash.

Delete the c:\Program Files\Adobe Illustrator CC 2018 folder. You may have to reboot your system before attempting this, as the app updater appears to put a file lock on the folder, or one of its files, which the fastest way to remove is via a reboot.

Relaunch the app updater. It will offer to install Illustrator. This time it will succeed.

You will probably lose your customizations this way. But at least you'll have Illustrator back.

And who knows? Maybe someday Adobe will figure out how to update installed software so you won't have to risk losing your settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines