Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Iphone to Lightroom import

New Here ,
Aug 12, 2017 Aug 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I am having a lot of difficulty importing photos from my iPhone to Lightroom. When I connect my phone to my Mac with the USB cable, open the Import, it shows that my iPhone is connected, however either only a couple of my photos are showing for import or no photos show up at all.

I've seen from the forums that importing seems to be a problem...but I have yet to find a good solution. Is this something on the Lightroom end or Apple?

Any advice appreciated!

Andrea

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 16, 2017 Aug 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you provide us with the following information:

1. iPhone OS version

2. Mac OS Version

3. Lightroom version

Thanks,

Bhargav Eede

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2017 Aug 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using a iphone 7 Plus, Mac OSX 10.10.5, and LR CC 2015 (hoping to get upgraded soon).

I teach a class on photography and am unable to demonstrate how students should import photos from phones to LR.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. Did you find a solution?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2017 Dec 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Y'all

any resolution on this??
Same issue

Lightroom Classic CC

iPhone 6s iOS 11.1.2

Mac OS 10.13.1

Plugging in IPhone causes Lightroom to crash after hitting "IMPORT"

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2017 Nov 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same/similar issue.

Just moved ALL files from MBP (2009) to i7 iMac 2013 with Apple Mac High Sierra. Lightroom sees iPhone SE (11.1.2) but does not offer to import anything, and no thumbnails display.

Tones of photos. and I keep getting warnings that my iPhone is filling up. I need to get these off!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This might be obvious, but I'll ask just in case: When no photos are showing up, is the iPhone locked, and if so, does unlocking the iPhone cause photos to show up in the Import dialog box?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I unlocked iphone when prompted in Mac's Photos.  the photos showed up in both places but Lightroom wouldn't import directly from iphone.

So I imported to Photos, then exported the ones I wanted from Photos to a desktop folder, then imported to Lightroom from that.   Side benefit of that I could pre-edit the ones for Lightroom.

Maybe there are just too many photos on the iPhone for Lightroom to deal with?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 13, 2017 Dec 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It shouldn't be a problem with the number of photos. Lightroom can handle a very large number of photos, like when pros offload a 128GB camera card.

johnc85101515  wrote

I unlocked iphone when prompted in Mac's Photos.  the photos showed up in both places but Lightroom wouldn't import directly from iphone.

If the photos are showing up in both places (do you mean Photos and Lightroom), then what happens when you try to import the iPhone photos in Lightroom? Are the iPhone photos visible, but not selectable? Do you select them and click Import, but nothing happens?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines