Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Plugins for Lightroom Not Showing Up

Nov 04, 2017 Nov 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Google Nik plugins and On1 plugins are not showing up?  What can I do to remedy this?  The On1 plugins are in the Plugin Manager but won't show up in the list of "Edit in".  SilverEffex Pro does show up in the list but none of the other Google Nik plugins do???

Thanks for any help someone can shed on this.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 04, 2017 Nov 04, 2017

Can you check your settings in Preferences? Uncheck the 'Store presets with this catalog' > quit Lr > Relaunch. Let us know if this works.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You said noting about your computer configuration or software versions.  But, for NIK, you may have to re-run the free downloadable installer.  ON1 is a moving target right now as they are doing a download free beta campaign.   If it is only the free ON1 Effects 10.5 E you may have to re-run that installer too. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I'm running a new PC with Windows 10.  I have paid for the On1 plugins so they're not the Beta ones.  I did re-run the free intaller for the Nik Plugins and was hoping that would help.  It's weird that Silver Effex Pro is showing up and nothing else.

Thanks for your response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That IS weird.  On my Windows 10/Lightroom "Classic", my plugins are working fine. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you check your settings in Preferences? Uncheck the 'Store presets with this catalog' > quit Lr > Relaunch. Let us know if this works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, you are a genius!  Just got back to editing today so that's why it took me awhile to get back to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad that worked! Note that if you're presets go missing that's a good thing to look at first. Any preset's that are not part of what is shipped with Lightroom will be left behind in an update or install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 05, 2017 Nov 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also see the forum thread that may assist-

Nik collection and Lightroom classic CC

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 28, 2019 Nov 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks cmgap!  I appreciate it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines