• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LRCC import from card (fuji GFX) only shows generic raw thumb/previews?

Contributor ,
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just migrated, synced,....my entire LR classic library...

did my first trial import (of 4 frames) in LR CC and only got generic raw preview thumbs.....LR CC did recognize which files on the card were already in the library, but could not render correct thumbs? the camera fuji GFX is supported, these were compressed raws only (no jpegs) ....on mac high sierra 10.13.1

the files did import correctly, thumbs are showing, everything looks fine....

any ideas? early bug?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Dec 07, 2017 Dec 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi pschefz,

As you see the thumbnails with a message "preview unavailable" in the import screen but they import successfully,  what happens If you copy the card's files to a folder on your computer and then attempt to import from the folder, does it show the previews in the Import dialog?

You may refer this discussion Preview unavailable for this file - problem and let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 07, 2017 Dec 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i checked out that older discussion and tried different ports and readers, problem is the same.....

copying files to disk and importing from there is not really a solution, especially not with CC since one of the main reasons for me to even use CC is the way it handles file storage locally and in the cloud.....

BUT: copying files to disk does show the previews....

and so does going to "add images" and instead of going into "connected devices" choosing "browse" and THEN looking into the connected SD card.....this way of importing the images is also a LOT faster.....

hope this helps....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines