• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Layer data disappears when using healing brush and clone stamp tools - Photoshop CC 2018

Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using Photoshop CC 2018 since the update arrived a couple of weeks ago. I am running OS X El Capitan, version 10.11.6. More than once now, on more than one file, I have experienced a strange phenomenon while using both the healing brush and clone stamp tools. Seemingly out of nowhere, while using the tool, all of the data within the layer I am working on disappears. The layer becomes essentially blank. Having said that, today while working on a file, a similar problem occurred, only this time parts of my layer went transparent, while leaving the rest full opacity. Today, the deleted data seems to be in a grid pattern, while previously the data was just gone.

Screen Shot 2017-11-06 at 5.00.02 PM.png

Going back in the History does not help. Once the data is gone, it's gone.

I've also realized that other layers, besides the one being worked on, get affected as well. Data disappears completely, or partially as illustrated above.

Anyone else experience this, or a form of it??

I've uninstalled Photoshop CC 2018 and reinstalled. I'm hopeful that may fix this, but haven't had the time yet to see.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same issue. I'll be working on a layer with either the healing brush or rubber stamp tool and the layer suddenly does one of two things. Either the data corrupts with the image getting scrambled, such as bad reception on old TV's when the image cropped and duplicated across the screen; or the data completely disappears.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What System are you running? I'm wondering if this is solely with users that haven't yet upgraded to Sierra? After having this happen to me, yet again, on yet another file yesterday - I uninstalled Photoshop CC 2018 and reinstalled CC 2017. My file opened in 2017 with NO corruption! I will be sticking with CC 2017 until perhaps Adobe can address this issue and FIX THE BUG!! I can't be working on client files and worry that I have to start from scratch an hour into my work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac OS 10.12.6 (Sierra)

Photoshop 19.0 (CC 2018)

iMac 5K, 27", Mid-2015
3.3 GHz Intel i5
24GB RAM
Radeon R9 M290 2048 MB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are sample images of the most recent catastrophe.
Note that the two different iterations are from the same layer after zooming in and then out again. The data stabilized on the second image. A screen shot of the layers panel shows the thumbnail of the issue just as well.

Screen Shot 2017-11-08 at 14.33.10.pngScreen Shot 2017-11-08 at 14.33.21.pngScreen Shot 2017-11-08 at 14.33.30.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2017 Nov 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow. So it seems that upgrading to a newer system isn't going to help me at all. I'm hoping to be able to catch Adobe's eye on this one because it's a huge problem! I believe it's an issue solely with Photoshop CC 2018 because since I gave up and went back to Photoshop CC 2017, I have not had one problem with the clone or healing tools!! This completely defeats the purpose of paying for the CC "always up to date" service!!

If you hear of any fix or new info on this issue, keep me posted!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. When I try to use the healing or spot healing brush, the layer I have duplicated changes from my copied layer and goes to a blank layer. I updated my photoshop to CC 2018 and my operating system is Sierra and now I can't even fix images. This is definitely not helping me finish up my wedding season.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have duplicated my original post to the official Photoshop Facebook page and also sent a message. I truly hope that Adobe will be able to address this problem as this bug is not just an annoyance... it's severely impeding the workflow of professional retouchers who rely on timely production!!

Again...if it helps in the meantime... I've gone back to using Photoshop CC 2017 and have had no problems with either the healing brush or clone stamp tools.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're still seeing this issue, try disabling the Halide Bottlenecks plug-in.  You can do so by doing the following:

1.  Cntrl or right-click on the Adobe Photoshop CC 2018 application package and choose Show Package Contents

2.  navigate to Contents\Required\Plug-Ins\Extensions\

3.  rename the HalideBottlenecks.plugin by adding a '~' at the beginning of the plugin name (it should be ~HalideBottlenecks.plugin when you're done)

4.  Quit and re-launch PS

Please let me know if you're still seeing the corruption after this change.

Thanks,

Adam

PS - if the issue is also occurring on Windows, go to the app folder and navigate to Required\Plug-Ins\Extensions then follow steps 3 & 4 above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you heard of this problem before and find that this is the workable solution?

I've again updated to CC 2018 and have re-named the plugin. We'll see how it goes...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It would really help us diagnose the problem if someone could send me one of the corrupted files.  If you'd be willing to do so, please contact me directly at first name dot last name at adobe dot com.

Thanks,

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines