• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to turn a PDF into a good quality photoshop web JPG

New Here ,
Nov 03, 2017 Nov 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everybody, i'm a new muse user and i have a little problem with the picture quality when i turn a PDF into a Photoshop JPG.

The original PDF is A4 Format, i open it with photoshop, RGB, 72 dpi, the quality is nice but after i downsize the picture it is blurred and frayed and i don't know what i'm doing wrong.

I also tryed it with a pdf converter into JPG it is the same. I loss the sharpness of my images.

Anybody an general idea for me how can i get nice, sharp images for my homepages?

Thank you very much for your help.

Maket

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don`t know the quality of the pdf of course, but why don`t you open it with 240 dpi or higher, before you convert it into a jpg?

Show us a pdf, if you need further assistance. Share it via CC library or via dropbox.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, there is no such thing as infinitely sharp pixel images. If you go from a few thousand pixels width/ height on a 300 DPI or something A4 page to a few hundred pixels on a web page, you're inevitably throwing away information and stuff will get interpolated. That's a reality you have to come to grips with. That said, seeing the image would help as already suggested. It may be possible to achieve better results, though the answer very likely is in Photoshop, not Muse.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, thank you very much for the hint. I believe therefore i have do to something with the images in photoshop instead muse, some advice what shell i do to get some good quality images?

The PDF is a High Res. X-3 PDF

Here is the link with the PDF Images.

Adobe Creative Cloud

Thx so much for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course you have to convert your HigRes pdf to a jpg in PS. Best way, if you convert it to jpg with "save for web and devices" after you have set your image size as you want it to be on the website later. Then the quality of your website shows exactly what you create in PS and you´ll have the best control over the whole process.

Muse tries and mostly does a good job but in your case the intermediate step with PS is recommended.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are getting incorrect info...reducing an image does not make it lower resolution. Just less pixels because it uses fewer pixels at a given resolution 72, 96, 240 or 300DPI (dots per inch) ...if a relatively good image looks good at say 400X600 pixels at 72DPI it won’t look worse at 200X400 just smaller.

Upload a one page PDF here. Just the PDF page that has the image you are referring to on it. That Will tell us a lot more. Got you link. What size do you want? Which single image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Send the PDF not the PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The simplest way to achieve best possible quality:

• Place an empty image container (the „crossed out“ rectangle tool) with the exact dimensions you need.
  • Check the pixel dimensions of this image frame in the „Transform“ panel.
  • Open the PDF in Photoshop by using the „Open“ command.
  • In the following dialog enter the exact(!) pixel size of you image container, which you have placed in Muse. If you have a HiDPI site enter exactly the double pixel sizes. Test, if it is better to check or uncheck „Smoothen“ parameter.
  • The image, Photoshop renders from the PDF is best possible quality, you can get. Of course you will lose many image informations, but that is completely unavoidable: Reducing image size necessarily reduces image informations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More miss-information Muse Dummy. There are many ways to get very good or even better results. Fractal Technology lets us do miracle things these days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don’t thinks so. There are many apps out there, which create excellent quality in resizing images. But that is not the question at all. Here the question is to render an image out of a PDF, what is something completely different.

And you really suggest someone, who is obviously not really experienced in converting/resizing assets, to buy additional software? Hmm …

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now you are talking about something that IS in my "wheel house" been doing this for many years (25 plus)...I do this all the time.

You make many assumptions!

No you don't need to buy software and there are many easy and FREE ways to get images from a PDF other that the one way you describe....It's not not just "your way or the highway" this time...now we are talking about something that I am very well versed in. But if they don't want help forget it. ###DELETED###

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really don’t know, why you say: „But if you don’t want to help forget it“ I have not the meanest idea, where you got this idea from. Additionally I don’t know, why you qualify my post as „miss-information“, „assumptions“ and so on. Don’t you think, you can do without this kind of wording? And please, don’t assume, these kind of tasks have been solely "your job". They were mine too!

But to continue answering the initial question: Is a big difference to resize a vektor PDF as a vector PDF (no losses), before converting it to a jpg or afterwards. If you open a PDF in Photoshop,, the recalculation is done on the vector data before the document is converted to an image. Most image enhancers can’t deal with PDFs. You have to convert your PDF to a jpg, before using these tool; some of these tools convert PDFs to images, before resizing them. In both cases, they necessarily cause more data losses as Photoshop does.

It is indispensable, to resize web images to the exact pixel values, which are needed in the web page layout. If you don’t do it, before placing the image, Muse has to do it during output. And as a web design tool Muse isn’t as good in performing such a job as, for example, Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for your help to you all. I will try out your recommended possibilities.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Maket,

Let me also invite few of our experts from Photoshop General Discussion as well to make it more clear.a

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm Gene from the Photoshop Forums. If you will upload and link the original PDF page and give me the final dimensions you need in pixels, I'll see what can be done.

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everybody.

My images should be 614 Px height

Attached the links to the PDF's

https://adobe.ly/2hMXNrl

https://adobe.ly/2Ag5Tzx

Thx for your great support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's what I got from reading it into Phototshop CC 2018 and setting the height to 614 pixels on import. I then flattened the image and saved as a jpeg.

Click on each image to expand it to 100% and right-click on each to select the Save Image option in order to download it.

PEMS_Image_1-614.jpg

PEMS_Image_614-2.jpg

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pretty cool, works Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

… thats exactly, what I said …

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For information purposes, this is the dialog Photoshop displays when a PDF if opened. Here I simply entered the dimensions in pixels.

Clicking OK rasterizes the image at that size and in crisp detail. So yes, Ps is a great tool for this job.

Screen Shot 2017-11-07 at 2.14.55 AM.png

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another question: When you open the PDF in photoshop you just set the height on the Px what you want and leave 300 dpi?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Personally I just left it as is, 300 ppi.  PPI is a print specification, how many of those pixels you want on an inch of paper. It makes no difference on a screen which knows only pixels.

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines