• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator brush has border when moved to Photoshop

Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a snowflake brush in illustrator.  When I put it in Photoshop, it has a border around it now.  So now each snowflake I stamp on has a square around it.  What did I do wrong and how do I get rid of this border?  Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does your shape in illustrator have a box?

How did you draw the shape in illustrator and how are you bringing the shape into Photoshop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, the shape in illustrator does not have a box. 

To get my snowflake to a photoshop brush, I selected and copied the snowflake in illustrator, opened a new document in photoshop, & pasted it with "pixels" selected.  Then I went to "select brush preset" and named it. 

The brush is there - but when I use it, it has a thin border around it.

I have no idea if I did this correctly or not.  I'm just learning via youtube - so any help is appreciated.  Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was your background active in Photoshop when you created the brush?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

God bless you!  I really don't know if it was or not,   But I just re-did the whole thing and made sure it was - and it works now without a border!  Thank you so much for your help - I appreciate it!  You've saved me from a headache. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you drawing your shape in Illustrator? Are you tracing an image in illustrator?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines