Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animate cc scrolling to advance timeline

New Here ,
Jun 03, 2017 Jun 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I created an html5 animation in animate cc that I would like to advance as the user scrolls.

My original intention was to use Muse and scroll effects to accomplish this (I can't code), which worked perfectly on a desktop browser, but not on tablets and phones (the scroll is so jerky that the site is unusable).

so then I searched for some snippet code i could paste into animate cc to make the animation scroll (the entire site is contained in the animate file, I didn't need muse for anything other than to convert the animation from a movie into a scrolling site) and the only code I found worked on desktops but not touch screens and it didnt advance the desktop version smoothly (you couldn't control how fast it advanced like you can in scroll effects with muse).

I really appreciate any ideas or help you can provide

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 05, 2017 Jun 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are looking for parallax scrolling using Adobe Animate, see Adobe Animate CC - Parallax Scrolling Tutorial - YouTube

If you are subscribed to Lynda tutorials. look it up for similar content.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2017 Nov 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is just a parallax animation... how do you tie it to the scroll of the page though?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did some thinking about this a while ago. Can you try to understand this topic, and see if you have any questions left?

getting mouse scroll in pixels

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We are trying to tie the timeline animation to the scroll bar and wheel. How can we do that. Not looking for a paralax animation. Looking for the user to be able to scroll through the timeline. Please answer this ASAP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share your animation file (both Animate and Muse files) to let me try it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2018 Dec 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you find out how to do this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 17, 2018 Dec 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey - I was looking for this today. I thought the old Adobe Edge (why oh why did they kill it) could be the answer and I found this - its a ready made sample of scrolling animation in Edge (if you can still find a download of it - have a look): File download

I haven't full checked it but I think it uses baked animation on the timeline triggered by scrolling, so you could fake the parallax effect in the timeline I guess...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines