• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CS4 Version 11.0

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When creating a document the typed specs don't translate to the new document. They're slightly different.

This problem only began a few hours ago and has been fine for over 10 years.

I tried opening old documents and their specs have changed too.

I must have touched something I shouldn't. Any ideas?

Keryn

1.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you right-click within the rulers and choose Centimeters the numbers will match.

But here is where Photoshop is getting those numbers:  2539 divided by 118.11px/cm which is 300 ppi. is 214.97 mm rounded out.

Screen Shot 2017-11-06 at 10.18.39 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pixels are whole numbers, so 118.11 should be 118. Plug that in and your millimeters should more closely match.

Screen Shot 2017-11-06 at 10.28.48 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What Photoshop is doing is rounding out cm and being more precise at mm. You're good even if you are .03 mm off.

And I'm getting the exact same results in Photoshop CC 2018 using 300 ppi using your dimensions.

By the way update CS4 to Adobe - Photoshop : For Macintosh : Adobe Photoshop CS4 11.0.2 update - multiple languages

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but now you have chopped off a 2-3 pixel row on both sides - or resampled by that amount, which will soften the whole file.

There is a rounding error here somewhere. It's often seen in PNGs, which has pixels per cm in the file format specification.

Still, this is pretty inconsequential. People tend to panic if they see ppi drop ever so slightly below 300, but in reality it doesn't matter in the slightest. And a size difference of 0.2 mm is just as irrelevant, with normal 3mm bleed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree D. Fosse. This was just to show how Photoshop does the math. Personally I agree with you nothing is wrong and nothing needs to be fixed.

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried that (over and over) and it didn't work. But I sorted it. I must have altered something in Photoshop Preferences. I had Units & Rulers set on mm. Once I changed it to cm all was working again. Thanks for your help anyway.

Keryn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you type in, and what does it change to? I noticed your working in cm but your Resolution is pixels/inch. Is that how you normally work?

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines