• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

iMac crashing with Photoshop CS6

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Almost every time I use Photoshop CS6, my iMac turns off.  I have to unplug the machine, wait ten seconds, then plug it back in and start back up.  It usually turns off within a minute of two of using Camera Raw, but if I do make it past Camera Raw, my iMac can still turn off while in Photoshop.   Called apple support and they said I needed to contact Adobe because it's an issue with software compatibility.

The iOS I'm using is   iOS X Yosemite 10.10.5

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Mid 2015)

Processor: 3.3 GHz Intel Core i5

Memory: 24 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics: AMD Radeon R9 M290 2048 MB

Can anybody help me, it's to the point that I am unable to process any of my photos.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 907Philip,

To clarify, your computer just shuts itself off or it freezes and you have to shut down? Either way, that's frustrating indeed!

Apple is correct that CS6 was built for 10.6/10.7 and so isn't officially supported on 10.10. Nonetheless, many people get it to work. You might check to see if there's an issue with an incompatible version of Java, which is sometimes the case for older Adobe software on newer operating systems. Download an appropriate legacy version direct from Apple: Download Java for OS X 2017-001.

If that doesn't resolve things, I would suggest running through some basic troubleshooting steps: Solve Adobe Photoshop problems and issues​ to get to the root of what's going on.

Let us know if any of that helps or if you continue to experience issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have tried to find the program error log by following the troubleshooting link you provided, I am unable to find any logs.

I downloaded the java you suggested and will see if that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try also to use a diagnostic tool to check hardware issues.

It could be a software issue but It could be also a memory error or something similar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines