• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Error: "Can't complete request because of program error"

New Here ,
Oct 21, 2017 Oct 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep getting this error message: Can not complete request because of program error. This happens when trying to open certain pdf's with artwork. I can not figure out how to fix this issue. I have tried everything from adjusting preferences, to updating to the newest Photoshop CC 2018. Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi danclintondesign,

Could you please try purging the cache for Photoshop and let us know if that helps.

Refer Optimize performance Photoshop CC

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akash Sharma,

I did as advised and purged the cache. Unfortunately I am still getting the same error message. It seems that it only does this when I am trying to open Photoshop PDF file that has layers of color involved in the artwork. Interesting. Any more thoughts?

Dan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is that unique to one file only?

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It does it on several files. Basically they are files of scanned artwork/sketches, which I then manipulate with channels and drop in a new layer of color. Usually I've been saving them as .pdf files, which is when they have trouble reopening. When I save them as .psd files, they reopen just fine.

-Dan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines