Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Color Range slide bar greyscaled issue.

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2017 Nov 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone.

I'm Louis, and here is a question that already drives me mad, which is that I can't adjust slide bar of Highlight option in Color Range. Please see image shown below.

未命名-1.jpg

I'm using Chinese version, so you might get a little confused about the UI, but it's the same as Eng version. The red frame indicates Highlight in Chinese.

As you can see, the slide bars are all greyed scaled, and I have been trying to make it work with some tweak, including change photo bits and some other methods, but just won't work. Please help me deal with it.

Much appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Jeff is correct, until recently, the you couldn't adjust the highlight option with color selection, so unless you're using a recent version of Photoshop, those sliders won't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be able to adjust the sliders, click with the Eyedropper on the color in your image your trying to Select.

The other choices besides Sampled Colors are preset selection ranges that can't be adjusted.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/selecting-color-range-image.html

colran.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff.

I tried and still got nowhere near to move the slide bar.

Thanks still. 😃

Louis.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of photoshop and operating system are you using?

What is the image mode and bit depth of the document?

Image>Mode

Maybe resetting the photoshop preferences will fix it.

Go to Edit>Preferences>General, click on Reset Preferences on Quit and restart photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Jeff, really appreciated what you had advised me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff is correct, until recently, the you couldn't adjust the highlight option with color selection, so unless you're using a recent version of Photoshop, those sliders won't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thank you for your advice.

I've made the same conclusion as you. So, right now I'm using version CS6, and my friend, CC. With the same setting, his one works and mine doesn't. Therefore, I knew that it is the difference between versions.

Anyway, I am really grateful to you commenting on my question. Thank you again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines