Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Pro DC freezes when I try to "Send File"- Mac

Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2017 Oct 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Whenever I hit the "Send File" button (the envelope), Acrobat freezes and I have to force quit. It used to work perfectly; I would hit the envelope, it would pull up my outlook and insert itself as an attachment. I didn't change a thing, it simply stopped working one day. I've gone to Preferences> Email Accounts and tried to tinker around and nothing I've tried has worked. Please help!

Thank you in advance!

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Oct 19, 2018 Oct 19, 2018

Arvind,

THANK YOU! I followed your workaround instructions and found a PDF file from back in May in the SendMail folder that you instruct to delete. I assume this "stuck" attachment file is what was causing this issue to occur because after deleting the SendMail folder I am (so far) not experiencing the usual application freezing/crashing while in Preferences or after pressing the send file icon to attach the file to an email in Outlook.

One thing I do notice is that if I'm in Preferences and cli

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue with a few users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI in the console I see these errors:

TIC TCP Conn Cancel [3:0x61800019c490]

Then Adobe consumes a ton of processor space and locks up. I have to force quit it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to know I'm not the only one! Let me know if you find a fix for this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a real pain.

Whenever I send a document, I then have to force quit.

If I did not have to use this programme, I definitely would not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this issue!! It used to work perfectly, and then suddenly it has become the most frustrating thing! I used this feature religiously and I'm in such a habit of doing it that I have to try to remember not to do it this way. I've lost work on many occasions recently because I will be working on multiple things in Acrobat, and I'll accidentally use the "Attach to Email..." function on one of them, and then "NOOOOOOOOOOOO!"...really aggravating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still do not have a fix. I have uninstalled and reinstalled all the adobe products. Still happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’ve stopped using that button at all now, which is really frustrating considering the convenience it once had.

Still waitin’ on a fix 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe,

Any help here? I am going to try a full uninstall of Office, though I think it is a crap shoot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

The latest update has been released for both Acrobat and Reader: http://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotes/index.html

Please try installing the update and let us know the behavior.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will this be pushed out via the cloud client? What is the ETA for that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Wdp,

If the automatic updates download is turned on and selected, the download installation prompt will be available. You can also download and install the updates from Help>Check for updates.

If you want, you can download and install the updates manually through Overview — Acrobat and Adobe Reader Release Notes  LInk: http://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotes/index.html

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated, and issue persists 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Already running that version.

Screen Shot 2017-11-16 at 3.05.09 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2017 Nov 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works again! I also updated my outlook and OS to High Sierra 10.13.1

I’m so very happy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Woohoo!    Glad it's working now! If possible share the workaround which you tried to get the issue fixed.

And give us a shout if you need any assistance with Acrobat/Reader in future.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this problem also. Seems like it started when once I upgraded to High Sierra 10.13.

Using the latest version of Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Mikec,

Please check for any pending updates from Help>Check for updates.

If the issue persists, please uninstall and reinstall Acrobat.

Please share the dot version of Acrobat/Reader installed refer to Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC

Hope this helps, and let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat Pro DC 2018.009.20044 is what I am using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got excited too prematurely. It worked again literally once, and now I’m back to the same error :

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please share the dot version installed, refer to Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same. (As I posted above.)

I have uninstalled and re-installed Acrobat.

I am now seeing two different behaviors  with Acrobat Pro DC 2018.009.20044.

On  the machine running Mac OS 10.13.1, Adobe creates the email and sends it correctly. Then Acrobat freezes and stop responding. I have to force quit.

On  the machine running Mac OS 10.12.6, Outlook never generats the email message. Acrobat locks up immediately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2017 Nov 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar problem on my Mac since updating Acrobat Pro DC I find nothing happens then I get this message "An error occurred while trying to create a mail document.  Adobe Acrobat is unable to complete your request." I have tried to find a solution but radio silence from Adobe I am running 1013.1 on my mac it was all working well before the recent update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2018 Feb 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could Adobe come up with a solution please? At least inform forum members with this issue what's the status of this and if Adobe is taking actions.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2018 Feb 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines