• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Protected signature??

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, are there any safeguards in place to keep someone from creating an electronic signature in my name and signing documents without my knowledge?

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

No. A digital signature is not meant to be used to identify that the person who signed it is who they claim to be, only that the person who signed it can validate that the signature is really theirs, by validating it against the profile to which they know the password.

To validate the identity of the signed you would need a third-party that would be able to do that and keep a record of each person's key.

I believe Adobe Sign does that, but I'm not 100% sure. The plain digital signature field surel

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No. A digital signature is not meant to be used to identify that the person who signed it is who they claim to be, only that the person who signed it can validate that the signature is really theirs, by validating it against the profile to which they know the password.

To validate the identity of the signed you would need a third-party that would be able to do that and keep a record of each person's key.

I believe Adobe Sign does that, but I'm not 100% sure. The plain digital signature field surely does not, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines