• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can we please get an "Update Workspace" option?

Explorer ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's kind of a pain that I have to create a new Workspace, name it something different, delete the old Workspace, then rename the updated one. Can we please get an "Update Workspace" option that saves over the current Workspace?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi MileHighJerome,

Please request for such feature here Photoshop Family Customer Community with some details about the issue and your workflow so that our Engineers can look into this.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Use New Workspace - give it the same name as the old and you will get a dialogue to replace the current version. Just say Yes

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mean, that's a workaround... But like I mentioned in my initial post, I would prefer a single-click "Update Workspace" button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you do fill out a feature request, you can mention that Photoshop should follow the lead of the other Adobe applications that already have this. For example, Adobe After Effects has a command called "Save Changes to This Workspace".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

InDesign uses the identical wording: Window > Workspace > New Workspace but it adds a menu icon next to the name where you can just click the old name and update it, without having to remember how you spelled it last time (and get duplicates). That little addition would be great, but Update Workspace would be even better.

Screenshot 2017-11-07 18.40.10.png

MileHighJerome​, after you add Update Workspace as a feature request, come back and post a link here—I'd gladly vote for it.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines