• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Picture with low resolution in LR CC on iPad after sync with LR 6

Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi i synched two albums from my desktop PC (Lightroom 6) with my iPad (Lightroom CC) successfully.

All pictures are there, but the resolution is too low for whatching.

I need to go to a customer with the picture offline.

I need to push / force Lightroom CC by viewing all files too download more preview data.

The same will happen if run all pictures at least on time in presentation mode.

How can i synch the pictures in one step to my iPad with full resolution?

Thanks for your help.

By the way all my pictures are RAW files on my desktop PC

Smart Previews are activated on my iPad.

Once the Smart Previews are loaded, the resolution is good enough.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

OK. This is quite simple. Lightroom does not by default cache the full files nor smart previews. What you need to do is to look at your album list and tap on the album you want to have available offline. Tap on the ellipsis  ( ... ) next to the album name and select "store locally". This will make the smart previews available when your iPad is offline.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you may need to upgrade to Lr Classic. Do you have a subscription or are you using the LR6 stand-alone version with Lr Mobile as a free trial?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for your reply.

So far i‘m using the LR 6 standalone licend version with the 30 days trial for LR MOBILE.

During this testphase i found the “issue“.

To be honest, i‘m not sure if an update to LR CLASSIC will solve the issue,

due to the fact, that on my desktop PC everything runs fine and on the iPad 2 with

LR CC i‘m facing the issue.

It would be good to know if others are facing the same issue (even with LR Classic).

Maybe it is special issue with using RAW files only.

I might be a bit old fashioned, that i need / want to be offline flexible from time to time.

But out there in the jungle i don‘t have WLAN everywhere.

Best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of LR6?

Adobe has made some recent back-end server changes so you will; be best with the latest version.

If you don't have LR6.13 you can get the update from the link below:

Download Photoshop Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes my system is up to date with Rev 6.13.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created some screenshots to visualize the issue in a better way.

My system is in German, therefore i made some translations.

See here: Dropbox - Adobe CC issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can only suggest again trying Lr Classic v7.0.1

See the Adobe FAQ:

"Can I use Lightroom CC and Lightroom Classic CC together?

Yes. To sync between Lightroom CC and Lightroom Classic, you must use Lightroom Classic version 7.0 or later.”

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-cc/faq.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It should sync smart previews to your iPad using LR 6 or Lightroom Classic.  Those are more than high resolution enough to present images on an iPad. I do this all the time and they look great to me. If you get lower resolution I would suspect that your internet connection on the iPad is somewhat slow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes you are right, ones the smart previews are downloaded, the resolution is good enough.

But the issue is another one.

1) I upload the pictures from desktop PC to the cloud 100%

2) I synch / download them with my iPad 100%

3) I go offline (Before whatching the pictures)

4) I try to whatch the picture and they have a low resolution

5) Ones i go online the pictures are loaded one by one after klicking and whatching each single picture.

This is not what i expect from Adobe!

I want to download the full collection in one step including the „full“ smart preview resolution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. This is quite simple. Lightroom does not by default cache the full files nor smart previews. What you need to do is to look at your album list and tap on the album you want to have available offline. Tap on the ellipsis  ( ... ) next to the album name and select "store locally". This will make the smart previews available when your iPad is offline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Jao+vdL  schrieb

Hi together,

thanks for your support, this solved my issue totally.

I can decide now which collections in need locally / offline

and which i want to fully download upon request only.

Best regards, Andreas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2019 Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This works. I was getting a lower resolution image on my iPad which meant I was not able to do some fine detail adjustments. I needed my full resolution image. First I disabled the Smart Previews in the settings, which didn't seem to make a difference (maybe if you do this before importing/browsing your collection it might work). Then I read this thread and did somthing similar: clicked on the syncing cloud (top right) and told it to download the original file (it was showing the Smart Preview was on local storage). It downloaded the original file and I now have my full resolution image. It doesn't seem to get slower. Maybe when moving around, but for the level of detail I needed, the smart preview was simply not going to work. Happy to compromise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2017 Nov 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, and have ensured that the collections are synched.  What I have found is that Smart Previews do not download all at once to an iPad.  Rather, placeholders are downloaded for each photo, but the full Smart Preview is not downloaded until you click on each photo individually and wait a few seconds.  I have had multiple support calls with Adobe about this, and none of your customer support personnel have been able to figure out a solution.  I often synch a thousand or more photos to my iPad to work on offline (on a plane or somewhere else that doesn't have a high speed internet connection).  It is not practical to have to swipe through each photo individually to force the full Smart Preview to be loaded.  If I don't do this, I will find most photos to either be blank or blurry when I get on a plane.  As the questioner suggested, there needs to be a way for force a full download of all the Smart Previews to the iPad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Joe, did you see the solution I posted above? You go to your album list and tap on the album you want to be able to use offline. Tap the ellipsis next to the album and select "store locally". This will make all images in that album available offline in the max resolution available on the cloud whether that be smart preview or full raw.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jao,

Sorry.  I missed that, and you are, of course, correct.  I was confused by the wording change from the old Lightroom Mobile (Make available offline).  I was afraid that the new "Store locally" option would download my 35 MB RAW files instead of Smart Previews.  After posting, I realized that only Smart Previews are in the cloud when using the Lightroom Classic CC desktop-centric approach.  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No worries, glad this fixes the issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines