Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC 2018: Crashes when pasting frames on timeline mode

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I recently updated my photoshop CC to the 2018 update and now every time I try to copy frames from one document to another, the entire app crashes and everything is lost. Any idea what I can do to fix this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Thank you for the feedback, we're working on an update to address this issue in the very near future.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any idea if an error dialog pops up? If so, what does it say?

Can't seem to repro on a Windows 10 Creators x64 system. I can paste frames just fine on PS CC 2018.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No warning at all, it just crashes. I'm using a mac with the latest update. found other people having the issue but no solution yet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the feedback, we're working on an update to address this issue in the very near future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2017 Nov 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop CC 2018 Crashes on Startup

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2017 Nov 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've uninstalled, used the cleaner tool, reinstalled several times - 3 days and photoshop 2018 just continues to either crash itself or crash my computer.  It doesn't allow me to send an error report.  It would not start up until I used the cleaner tool directions found on another thread.  It seemed to be fine but flickered a few times before finally freezing and crashing when I went to change the image size.  I uninstalled/cleaned/reinstalled again and this time it crashed when I tried to change to the paint bucket tool.  It's crashed when I try to save any file as well.  I give up for today, clearly can't get anything done.  InDesign was not working either, but I've not attempted to reinstall it yet.  I uninstalled everything, used the cleaner tool, and currently have only reinstalled photoshop and illustrator.  Illustrator seems to work fine, photoshop crashes when I try to do anything at this point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any luck since you posted this on Sunday?  I'm having same issues with Photoshop CC 2018 install.  It would maybe open a file yesterday, but would freeze up or just spin when trying to open a second image.  I've been restarting and trying different approaches today and it's only gotten worse!   Now it locks up on the start screen.  On Windows 10 Pro with latest installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2018 Sep 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this issue too... photoshop crashes when I paste frames on timeline mode.  My photoshop and safari are updated and I am using a new MacBook Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

2020, this problem is still not fixed, my updated Photoshop still crashes as I paste frames in timeline. How to solve this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines