Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keywords list order

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2017 Oct 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

since the last upgrade, lightroom re-ordered my hierarchical keywords and these are no longer in alphabetical order. Do you know if there is a way to re-adjust that or change it? Do you think the it's a problem that I write my keywords in Greek?

thanks

Pantelis

keywords.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Try adding following config to config.lua:

LibrarySort.useOldSort = true

To locate the config.lua, Open Lightroom > Preferences > Presets

Click on "Show Lightroom Presets Folder..."

It should take you to folder ending with ... /Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom/

If config.lua is already present in Lightroom folder, just add,

in the config.lua file. If the file is not present create a file named config.lua and add the same configuration there.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please do Help > System Info and report the exact version of LR you're running and the version of Mac or Windows.  There are some existing bugs that may or may not affect you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I have Windows 10 Home and Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic CC 7.0.1 Camera Raw 10.0

In the previous version of lightroom the ordering of the keywords was correct.

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There have been recent bugs in the sort order of presets on Mac, but nothing reported for keywords or for Windows.

Try these initial troubleshooting steps:

1. Reboot.

2. Reset LR's preferences: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/articles-page/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

Sprinkling that magic fairy dust often fixes things when LR's user interface goes wonky.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a bug report about German keywords not sorting properly: LR Classic: Some keywords not in alphabetical order | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 01, 2017 Dec 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn't work well if you mix languages in the keywords list.

Almost all my keywords are English.

However, if I add "École Militaire" to an image, the beginning of the sort order of the largely English keywords gets scrambled and this phrase appears towards the beginning of the list.

If I edit the keyword and change the first letter to an English E, then it sorts itself out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn't work well if you mix languages in the keywords list.

Do you mean that the workaround posted here doesn't work well?  Or do you mean LR 7 (Classic) without the workaround?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without the workaround, running LR 7.0.1 on macOS 10.13.1

[Edit] Should have said that at the start of the keyword list are a whole series of "words" that are either wholly numeric or have leading numbers.

These got split, so sequence was broadly:

• A few that had leading numbers
  • A few 'English' that started with A
  • Word starting with accented character
  • More numeric leaders
  • Rest of the words that begin with A
  • Continued probably as it should

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the workaround -- it's worked for others, including me.

Also, please add all these details of your issue to the bug report previously linked above, Lightroom Classic: Some keywords not in alphabetical order | Photoshop Family Customer Community, and click Me Too at the top. That will make it more likely Adobe will prioritize a fix, which is especially important now that they've communicated they're focusing their efforts going forward on performance and Develop, not on other modules.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try adding following config to config.lua:

To locate the config.lua, Open Lightroom > Preferences > Presets

Click on "Show Lightroom Presets Folder..."

It should take you to folder ending with ... /Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom/

If config.lua is already present in Lightroom folder, just add,

in the config.lua file. If the file is not present create a file named config.lua and add the same configuration there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2017 Nov 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot for your response. Adding that setting in my config.lua solved

the sorting problem.

2017-11-08 7:56 GMT+02:00 abhishek_india <forums_noreply@adobe.com>:

Keywords list order created by abhishek_india

<https://forums.adobe.com/people/abhishek_india> in Lightroom Classic CC

- View the full discussion

<https://forums.adobe.com/message/9953427#9953427>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2017 Dec 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That solved my problem! Tanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2018 Jan 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem and this answer solved it. Keyword list is a mixture of English, German and French. Except for French accents and German Umlauts, but this for me is no big problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 21, 2018 Aug 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure if my issue is the same here, I want my keyword tags in my order. I want for instance Vermont to come before autumn but when I do anything else and I come back to the keyword tags box all my keywords are alphabetical again... Why does Adobe not get this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 21, 2018 Aug 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I want my keyword tags in my order. I want for instance Vermont to come before autumn but when I do anything else and I come back to the keyword tags box all my keywords are alphabetical again... Why does Adobe not get this?

Many people have requested this feature. Please add your constructive opinion to this feature request: Lightroom: Custom sort order of keywords (instead of alphabetic). | Photoshop Family Customer Commun... . Be sure to click Vote and Follow in the upper-right corner. This will make it a little more likely that Adobe might implement this, and you'll be immediately notified if/when they do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines