• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stippling Grain Type just showing up black

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am trying to apply stippling to a photograph in Photoshop, but whenever I choose it from Grain, the preview box just goes black. The other options, like Regular and Soft and so on, seem to be working just fine, Its just the Stippling. The photo is black and white, and it is 8 bit/channel, so it shouldn't be a problem. I reset the program a couple times, and I even updated it and reset the tools, but nothing changes. I have also tried it on other images with varying setting, and colours, but still nothing. It is driving me mildly insane. What am I doing incorrectly?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you provide any information about your hardware and software  versiond OS, Photoshop, Drivers, and show a screen capture of the problem. You may have a problem.

Supply pertinent information for quicker answers

• The more information you supply about your situation, the better equipped other community members will be to answer. Consider including the following in your question:
  • Adobe product and version number
  • Operating system and version number
  • The full text of any error message(s)
  • What you were doing when the problem occurred
  • Screenshots of the problem
  • Computer hardware, such as CPU; GPU; amount of RAM; etc.
JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea, of course.

• I have Photoshop CC 2017
  • Windows 10 1703
  • Intel core I-7, GTX980, 16GB RAM

yhtytyyy.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post your Photoshop menu Help>System Info so we can see what device drivers you have installed and what extensions and plug-ins and cc 2017 updates you have configured in. 

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check that you don't have the Foreground and Background colors in the tool box both set to black.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Jeff is right Onion Queen.

Choose a light and a dark colour for the Stipple to work.

Came across this tutorial whilst looking at your prob.

Might be helpful, might not. How to Make a Stippled Portrait in Photoshop | Techwalla.com

HTH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines