Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cannot open ADE - it freezes when loading library files

New Here ,
Jan 31, 2017 Jan 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

used ADE for some time now. But suddenly, when I now start ADE it doesn't open, but tries to load the library files for hours. Even shutting it down with the task manager (operating system: Windows 10) doesn't change the situation. I already deinstalled and installed it again. But without success. Same issue again.

Any ideas?

THX!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same issue. I tried uninstalling and installing an earlier version but still freezes at opening the library

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have the same issue. Anyone have any idea how to fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly same issue. I thought it might be ADE edition in newer version so tried to do the uninstall of ADE 4.5.6 and reload with ADE 3.0. Won't allow it to load older version. Says it is already installed.

Have done all the troubleshooting ideas posted including full factory reset of device. It still works fine.

Issue seems to be with transfer of book to device so has to be adobe issue not device issue. Glitch in ADE programming.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been able to solve my problem with the endless loading  of the library. I went in to My Digital Editions and opened the Manifest. This is located at C: /users/ my name/desktop /documents/my Digital Editions /manifest 

I selected and deleted the files there. After that I was able to download ebooks from the library and they opened and transferred to my kobo reader successfully.  Finally!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried that and had to keep going back to Manifest to delete copies [up to 15 on there!]. Then when I had one copy left I tried to drag and drop to my ereader. And again it just kept 'fulfilling content'. Sigh.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I deleted all files in the manifest, uninstalled ade and then reinstalled. Took out a new book from the library and it worked. A lot of monkeying around for sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds simple and straight forward and I don't doubt it works for you.

I visited my Library today and was told overdrive is the issue and they updated to a new app called LIBBY.

Tried that. Does not support a KOBO just a Kindle for now.

Have tried to de-authorize KOBO again. Now can't get my Kobo to show that it has ADE authorized.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2017 Nov 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problem, I tried out every suggestion shown here; re-installing, removing the contents from the manifest, doing that and re-installing, removing contents again etc. ADE keeps freezing.

The customer support algorithm keeps redirecting me to the forums without giving me another option to contact actual adobe support (email, phone, chat) 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2022 Oct 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Had the same problem on a new computer. Finally realized that my name was diffeernt on the new computer, and the files I copied from the old computer were in a different documents directory, where the My Digital Editions and all the previous files were hiding. Once I moved this entire subdirectory to users/<my new name>/Documents, ADE was happy to open. But it would not find any of the old files, probably since I was unable to "authorize" an epub source acceptable to Adobe. But new files work fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines