• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing an image to match a specific green (an oracal 751 vinyl swatch)

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Please can someone help me?

I've designed a logo to go on a Window Cleaners van - using 2 green vinyls (Oracal751 in 604 and 062)

I need to use a droplet image within some of the shapes of the logo - and the colour of these shapes (which will be printed 4 colour onto white vinyl) need to tie in with the 2 vinyl swatches that have been picked.

I'm messing around with channels and layer effects but is there an accurate way of doing this?

I've loaded an ASE file into Photoshop from Oracal so have the right green breakdowns - just not sure of the best way to make the image 100% the right green.

Would really appreciate any advice?

Thank you very much

Cathy

Screen Shot 2017-11-08 at 12.26.42.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Short answer: None of that matters if you are not working with color management, which is what throws a wrench into your workflow. those swatches are meaning less when viewed and edited on an uncalibrated monitor just as there is no point on printing uncalibrated when the customer really insists on a specific color. Once you have instated a reasonable CM things should be much closer, though even then you will need to have scraps of the original foils handy as reference and will still need to tweak the on-screen colors and run test prints. No easy answers, even if you do all the reading. This stuff somewhat eludes clean, straightforward workflows.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - thanks for replying to my message.
Sorry this is all a bit new/confusing to me.

My Monitor is calibrated and my Colour profiles are set up to North America Prepress 2 across the board - but I'm guessing there's more to it than that?
Appreciate there's no easy answer though.
Thank you, Cathy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the sign is made with cut vinyl, you might be better off printing your droplets with black and white ink on the same green vinyl used for the lettering. Since the van will likely be outdoors most of the time, any ink will fade, so a four color green would  change as the ink fades. While white and black inks would also fade, the green would still be the same as the rest of the sign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you - that's a really good idea - thank you very much, C

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines