• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Did anyone else get a strange warning from flash player?

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got a strange warning after clearing all the tabs the last one had this message in like a cartoon like a beetle with a pointer to press this link to unblock flash player from blocking content you are trying to access on the internet. it didnt even say adobe it just said your flash player is blocking content on your internet to click on this link to fix. Of course I never clicked on it looked very suspicious.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The major browser vendors are blocking Flash by default and forcing users to enable Flash, usually on a per site basis.  It's difficult to determine if this is what you experienced.  If it happens again, please take a screenshot and post it in your reply.  See https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-7043#jive_content_id_How_do_I_attach_a_screenshot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, it's unlikely that this is from Flash Player.  It may be from your browser.  A picture of the entire browser window would be illuminating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2017 Nov 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I am quite aware of a browsers enabling message but this was a full page that only came on after I cleared the tabs and was quite suspicious and not like the little enabling message you would tick off but like a link that you sometimes get in an email that someone doing the phishing activity. Have never seen before or since just that one time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah, I would assume it was sketchy.  Flash Player is ubiquitous, and a popular target for impostors.

We can forward those discrete instances to our fraud team for pursuit and takedown, but we need a screenshot with the address of the page, and ideally, the complete address, as it's frequently truncated in the address bar.

It's always a good idea to just adopt the policy of never following links or in-browser notifications to any software update.  If you think you need something, go download it directly from the software vendor, or the app store, as appropriate.

In the case of Flash Player, you can always get the latest version here:

https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines