• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I add my 3D projects to my website?

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to be able to use Adobe Dimension projects in my website.  However, most importantly be able to rotate the 3D objects within the website. Is that something I can do fairly easy?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Dimension does not have a 3D export.  We're exploring having a 3D export or even web-viewer connector but do not have that at this time.

As a note the Dimension team isn't using the Adobe forums much.  We have a feedback portal with better voting/status tracking so please feel free to share your ideas or vote there:  Adobe Dimension CC Feedback Portal

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Lounge Forum is not for technical help, please provide the name of the program you are using so your message may be moved to the correct program forum... A program would be Dreamweaver or Muse or ???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about that... The program I was asking about was Adobe Dimension. I guess I would need to use Dreamweaver as well to help incorporate a 3D object in a website. Thought maybe someone in this form has used a 3D object in a website created in an adobe product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If You mean image - JPG, PNG

or animation -GIF

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dimension does not have a 3D export.  We're exploring having a 3D export or even web-viewer connector but do not have that at this time.

As a note the Dimension team isn't using the Adobe forums much.  We have a feedback portal with better voting/status tracking so please feel free to share your ideas or vote there:  Adobe Dimension CC Feedback Portal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Jeanette, that is what I was looking for.  I wanted to be able to build a 3D model and then export it to my website, so that the end user can rotate it while viewing it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Definitely!  As a note the Dimension team isn't using the Adobe forums much.  We have a feedback portal with better voting/status tracking so please feel free to share your ideas or vote there:  Adobe Dimension CC Feedback Portal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

rubenh47356767  wrote

I wanted to be able to build a 3D model and then export it to my website, so that the end user can rotate it while viewing it.

Marmoset's Toolbag 3 has something similar that you can use for this, and embed into your site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm interested in this as well

What about if we exclude Adobe Dimension and end up with a 3D object created from 'whatever' application.

Is there a 3D standard that works with HTML5, perhaps the Canvas element?

How cool would it be to load an .obj file in a <3d> tag, or something like that?

Currently it seems like the best solution is to convert those types of models to JSON files, then load with a library like ThreeJS.

Load 3D model with HTML5 canvas element and Javascript - Stack Overflow

Or this is very cool/promising:

3D Objects on HTML Pages - taccGL Blog

But man does that slow down my browser...

So sorry, OP/Ruben , this goes a bit off topic, but anyone have any additional insights on various methods to load a 3D object into a browser page?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Erik+Lord  wrote

Is there a 3D standard that works with HTML5

no

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ussnorway  wrote

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Erik+Lord   wrote

Is there a 3D standard that works with HTML5

no

Sorry but there is a 3d standard that works with html5, it is called open webGL 3d, and is implemented using the html5 canvas element.

Currently Animate CC is experimenting with implementations, and although not complete it may be possible at some point in the future to import 3d animations, (including interactive animations) created in Dimensions directly into Animate for use on the web.

All popular devices and browsers have supported the format for 4-5 years, though it is recommended to also 'tell' the browser/device to use the gpu for rendering, in order to avoid problems with animation speed, (done via the webGL javascript api).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also use WebGL player from Sketchfab - Your 3D content on web, mobile, AR, and VR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in my mind "standard = everyone" not just people with XZY... still webGL is fine just be careful and don't put it on your home page because nothing says tool like a blank page with error message

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 11, 2017 Nov 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ussnorway  wrote

in my mind "standard = everyone" not just people with XZY... still webGL is fine just be careful and don't put it on your home page because nothing says tool like a blank page with error message

I would say over 92% of browsers, (and all browsers since IE10) = very well supported.

https://caniuse.com/#search=Webgl

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines