• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

copyright page vanishes in epub

Contributor ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am using ID CC, setting up epub of my book. When i exported to epub and view it in icecream epub viewer, the copyright page (in the last few iterations) has vanished. Like a phantom. I can make no sense of this.

What i was doing before this happened:  the tiny symbol (c) at the top had a style applied to it, (so that i could get that page to start on a separate page, in other version) and i decided to get rid of the symbol graphic and just use some kind of text there. I applied the new style, which was the same as all my other chapter headings that break to the next page just fine, and since i did that, the copyright page does not show up AT ALL in the epub file. It's just gone. I did this again, checking all the settings, and the same thing happened. Anyone know how this could happen?  Below are the screenshots of my settings.

epub_reflowablelayoutexportoptions.png

editallexporttags.pngexporttaggingpanel.png

ADDENDUM: i also noticed the Before Words (author's note) is also gone. these are both pages that had headers with an applied style which i changed to match the style of the chapter headings, since i couldn't get the other styles to work. i wonder if that might be a clue somehow.

TOPICS
EPUB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should apply tags to your Paragraph styles.

Select EPUB 3.0

Check to see if your copyright page is linked to the rest of the text flow.

Check your ePub on a number of devices.

See if it validates using, for example, the free EPUB Validator (beta) or, even better (paid for) FlightDeck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe I've done all of that, and tested it. still those two pages are missing. Here are the screenshots of my settings, and i think the frames show they're already connected...oh and

EPUB Validator (beta)

Results

Detected version: EPUB 2.0.1

Results: Congratulations! No problems were found in TheGirlsintheBand_7Oct2017_DIGITALinterior - Unknown.epub.

Validated using EpubCheck version 4.0.2.

parastylesoptions_exporttagging.png

epubflowablelayoutexportoptions.png

connected frames.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you certain those two pages are within the text flow, use View > Extras > Show Text Threads to check.

Have you applied Paragraph styles to all the text on those pages?

Is that logo anchored?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes the threads are showing going from page to page, the logo is anchored, and all text has a paragraph style.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which devices have you tested it on?

It might be worth spending $15 and have an in-depth validation with FlightDeck FlightDeck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try exporting the file to IDML. Open that and try to export again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bob- thanks. that seemed to work, though i have no idea why. Will i have to do that every time to make an EPUB? the book i did before was laid out the same, using same headings, and the copyright page never disappeared. it's strange...any thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You had a document corruption, saving it as an IDML cleaned it up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines