• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat DC doesn't export alt text to Microsoft word

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could somebody point to a solution on why when I export my document back to Microsoft word I lose my alt text.  When I created a document in Microsoft Word all my pictures had alt text. When I saved to PDF and then open the Adobe Acrobat DC and ran accessibility checker, I had no errors with the alt text. When I exported back to Microsoft word, I lost all of my alt text.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 11, 2019 Oct 11, 2019

Hi Nicolleh and Linden,

We're sorry for the trouble you had and for the delayed response, would you mind sharing more details about the workflow, issue, and the platform so that we can have a better understanding and can assist you in getting the issue resolved.

Are you saving the Word file as Save As PDF(Microsoft technology) or Save As Adobe PDF?

Try saving the original word file as Adobe PDF, then open the file in Acrobat DC and run the accessibility checker.

Are you on a Mac or Windo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2019 Oct 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this question too. Does no-one have an answer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 11, 2019 Oct 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Nicolleh and Linden,

We're sorry for the trouble you had and for the delayed response, would you mind sharing more details about the workflow, issue, and the platform so that we can have a better understanding and can assist you in getting the issue resolved.

Are you saving the Word file as Save As PDF(Microsoft technology) or Save As Adobe PDF?

Try saving the original word file as Adobe PDF, then open the file in Acrobat DC and run the accessibility checker.

Are you on a Mac or Windows machine and what is the version?

What is the version of Acrobat Pro DC installed? To identify, please refer to the help article https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/identify-product-version.html

You may also refer and try the suggestions shared in the article https://helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/using/editing-document-structure-content-tags.html

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines