• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

GTX1070 ?

Explorer ,
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm presently using a AMD Firepro W4100 in my Dell Precision 7910 ( what came with the machine )

The computer has been acting up lately: not playing any video at all, blue screen etc.

My IT dept has concluded it's all related to the video card

They have suggested as a replacement :

GTX1070

Quadro M2000

Which of these are the one to go for?

Windows 7 Enterprise

Xeon E5-2630 @ 2.4GHz

32G ram

Thank You

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

I recently found this guide very helpful: https://www.pugetsystems.com/recommended/Recommended-Systems-for-Adobe-Premiere-Pro-143/Hardware-Rec...

I myself have a GTX 1070 installed on my Mac Pro and it is more than enough juice to enable quick CUDA rendering of GPU enabled effects on 1080p and 4k projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you

I did a quick search for GTX 1070 at B&H

There are so many 1070's to choose from.....what the heck is the difference?  I do not need a "gaming card", as many are labelled.
Here is what my search found:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?Ntt=gtx%201070&N=0&InitialSearch=yes&sts=ma&Top+Nav-Search=

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I picked up the EVGA Founders edition. These are the cards built to NVIDIA's original design. You can buy from multiple manufacturers. They are not overclocked. EVGA - Product Specs - EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 FOUNDERS EDITION, 08G-P4-6170-KR, 8GB GDDR5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again...thank you for the info
I've got IT on it !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved this to the Hardware Forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here are my tests on GPU using my Premiere Pro BenchMark with its MPEG2-DVD timeline you can see how long it takes to run your CPUI only export and then with the GPU accelerated export of that same timeline with a number of  GPU's

Looking at the data you can see there are advantages for buting the SC (Superclocked) and to very simply and safely Overclock the memory clock

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines