• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I do find selection options

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used to use photoshop cs6 I think and a new option was stuff like when you've selected round an object with pen tool, you could make a selection but increase the curviness of the selection or you could bring the selection in a bit by a certain amount of pixels?

I cant find this feature on latest photoshop CC, can anyone point me to it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you working on a selection (marching ants) or a Pen Tool Path?

For a selection:  You can Transform a selection via Select > Transform Selection, or use the Select > Modify tools.

For a Path: You use the Path Selection Tool or Direct Selection Tools.

Good Luck!

Screen Shot 2017-11-08 at 4.21.44 PM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

like when you've selected round an object with pen tool, you could make a selection but increase the curviness of the selection or you could bring the selection in a bit by a certain amount of pixels?

That sounds like path. In Window > Paths, click to select the desired path. Once the path is visible, you can use the Direct Selection tool (white arrow) in Joe's screen shot above to adjust the anchor points, the control handles or the path itself. When you have  completed adjusting the path, you can click the Convert Path to a Selection button at the bottom of the Paths panel to convert the path to a selection.

New in CC 2018, once you select a path, you can click the gear button on the options bar to set the color and thickness. This doesn't change how paths work compared to earlier versions, but it does make them easier to see.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi John,

Whenever I want to add a few pixels to my selection in Photoshop...

I go to Select > Modify > Expand (to increase)

Screen Shot 2017-11-08 at 7.38.56 PM.png

Then I choose the number of pixels I want to increase it by in the Expand Selection dialog box

Screen Shot 2017-11-08 at 7.39.15 PM.png

Note... choose Contract to decrease the number of pixels.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines