• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 6/CC Export painfully slow

Explorer ,
Sep 28, 2015 Sep 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not just slow. Ludicrously, unusably, costing me money slow.

Setup is an overclocked 3.1Ghz i7 (running up to 3.3GHz), 16Gb of RAM, SSD (mSATA Samsung 850 Pro) with OS, app and catalog on, second SSD (SATA 850 Evo) with photos on, cache on RAM disk. Windows 10 and LR 6.11.

Exporting anything is painful, but the current example is 131 Nikon D4S and D810 files from RAW to 648 pixel wide <200k files (not my choice...). It's overwriting old versions and it took 20 minutes to bring up the 'Do you want to overwrite them?' dialog and has now been over an hour 'Preparing to Export'. Based on the previous batch, I would estimate that nothing will happen for about 40 minutes after the Preparing to export dialog disappears, then it will start exporting and take about an hour to actually do the export. Prior to the last update, I reckon that whole sequence would have been 5-10 minutes... I've optimised the catalog, but that didn't help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 09, 2015 Oct 09, 2015

I too am having problems with exporting in Lightroom 2016/CC. It's glacially slow

Do Help > System Info to verify which version of LR you're running.   If you are on LR CC 2015.2, it contains a severe bug with exporting: Lightroom Release 2015.2 Crashes Upon Exporting/External Editing.

You could update to CC 2015.2.1, just released, and that could well fix the problem.  But there are numerous other problems widely reported for 2015.2 that 2015.2.1 does not fix.  So I, and others, recommend that

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi gswarbrick,

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Please try the below mentioned steps:

1. Go to Lightroom Preferences > click on performance tab

2. Uncheck Use Graphic Processor option

3. Restart Lightrroom

4. Then try to use

Regards

Jitendra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried that - thanks. Makes absolutely no difference to export performance and makes importing and editing as slow as exporting! GPU is an nvidia GeForce GTX 850M

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for replying gswarbrick ,

Can you please try to create a new catalog and try on that.

And also please check the graphic card again.

Regards

Jitendra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2016 Jul 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I see this is from last year, but I am having the same problem. I am running LR 2015.6, and have come in this morning to find LR has exported almost nothing last night.

I have already unchecked 'use graphics processor' which does speed up performance, but if I can't export quicker I'll have to ditch LR. Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2015 Oct 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it helps any I too am having problems with exporting in Lightroom 2016/CC. It's glacially slow on a 2009 17" MBP either exporting to JPG or to a catalog to import to my desktop. Newly build desktop, so I can't comment on its export abilities until later this evening. However, the system it replaced was a Haswell i5 3.5Ghz 16GB RAM, Windows 8.1. Catalog, cache on separate SSD from OS, and photos stored on another disk array.

EDIT: either running the integrated, or discrete GPU on the MBP doesn't seem to help with export speeds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 09, 2015 Oct 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am having problems with exporting in Lightroom 2016/CC. It's glacially slow

Do Help > System Info to verify which version of LR you're running.   If you are on LR CC 2015.2, it contains a severe bug with exporting: Lightroom Release 2015.2 Crashes Upon Exporting/External Editing.

You could update to CC 2015.2.1, just released, and that could well fix the problem.  But there are numerous other problems widely reported for 2015.2 that 2015.2.1 does not fix.  So I, and others, recommend that you revert back to CC 2015.1.1, following the instructions here: How do I roll back to Lightroom 2015.1.1 or Lightroom 6.1.1? . Wait until Adobe cleans up all the mess and releases 2015.3. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2017 May 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problems with Graphic Prosessor off on 2015.6.1
It's so slow that I'm having problems navigating through folders in my catalog, is there no way to fix this?

I'm working on a MBP, 2,8 GHz Intel Core i7, 16GB RAM

AMD Radeon R9 M370X 2048 MB

Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 23, 2017 May 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first thing I can suggest is to update to the latest version of Lightroom CC 2015.10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2017 May 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on the latest version of LR and it's taking forever to export 370 images, I could have just copied and pasted them into a folder but instead been sitting here for 30 min now and it's only exported half of the images.... first and last time I'll be using LR to export or backup my photos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First question- Why are you exporting the 370 photos?

I could have just copied and pasted them

Yes, this would copy the 'out of camera' original files, (without any Lightroom edits)

last time I'll be using LR to export or backup my photos

You should NEVER have used Lightroom to "Backup" your photos.  Lightroom is not designed to do this.

You should use the operating system, or better specialized software, to make backups of your original image files.

So if you think that "exporting" is for backups- not so.!

Use 'Export" only when you need a new derivative file for a special purpose, such as sending to a Print service, emailing, creating projects in other software, etc.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I exported my images out of LR simply because I wanted to try it. I generally move and backup my files through Bridge.

I don't use LR to backup my photos, see above.

Just simply stating that it's very slow to move things period and I won't do it again, no need to elaborate further.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2017 Jun 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to export JPEGS as I have finished editing a wedding. I am exporting 600 files and so far it has taken over an hour and is not finished!

I am on the latest version (just updated from my CC account), and have tried all of the above tips but still no difference. Does anyone have any other tips please?

I host my catalog on an external LaCie hard drive and its linked via thunderbolt to my Mac

Thanks all

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 05, 2017 Jun 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please do Help > System Info and report the exact version of LR.   LR often fools people into thinking they're on the "latest" version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2017 Jun 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2015.10.1 Camera RAW 9.10.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm in the same boat. I too have the latest version. i in the process of exporting 450 photos that I've converted to high res jpegs from raw after editing them. 5 hours in, and 75 more photos to go. Am I doing something wrong? I thought this was the norm as I've experienced long export times with other large photo shoots. Is my computer too old? Low res jpegs dont seem too bad. It's the high res that's pain staking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines