• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mac mail opens Acrobat Reader file when attached - only first page.

Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When preparing to send an email in Mac Mail, any Reader file, when dragged and dropped into the mail section, automatically opens and displays the first page of the attached document ONLY.

I am using Mac OS 10.13.1.

Any clues please.

LaurieM

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

Found the answer, thanks to Apple Support.

The PDF file, when dragged into the email text area, automatically opens the first page on a multi page doc.

Just send the email and the whole file will be included. At the receiving end it will appear as a file folder and can be opened normally.

Hope this helps anyone else experiencing the same problem.

LaurieM

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like an issue with the Mail application... Not related to Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what Mail.app does with one page documents - at least up to macOS version 10.12. I don't have High Sierra installed yet, so I cannot verify what the new behavior is. However, when you right-click on such an attachment, you should see an option "View as icon":

2017-11-09_09-48-27.png

Once you select that, you will see the familiar attachment icon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response Karl. I tried your suggestion, The problem persists. The problem however is with multiple page documents. The first page opens rather than insert the attachment as a file.

I am able to successfully attach files for Word, Excel, Power Point and the  Mac Office suite as one would expect. The files attach and you can open them to disclose all the pages.

I only get the problem when I attach Acrobat Reader files with multiple pages.

Thanks again Karl. I will keep on searching. If I find a solution, I will post it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Found the answer, thanks to Apple Support.

The PDF file, when dragged into the email text area, automatically opens the first page on a multi page doc.

Just send the email and the whole file will be included. At the receiving end it will appear as a file folder and can be opened normally.

Hope this helps anyone else experiencing the same problem.

LaurieM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines