• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Brush size using Alt + Right Click Drag with tablet pen doesn't work anymore.

Explorer ,
Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a very important part of my workflow. It stopped working and it feels like I'm missing an arm. It happened ever since I upgraded to Photoshop CC 2018, although going back to CC 2017 didn't solve the problem. This shortcut works just fine using a mouse, but I can't work with that. I'm using a Cintiq 24HD. The latest Wacom drivers broke the Touch Wheel so I had to go back to a previous driver.  In this period of time I also updated Windows 10 to the latest major update, however I don't think a shortcut not working in a specific piece of software has anything to do with the entirety of an operating system.

I've googled my issue before posting here. Apparently this problem appears each time a major update hits Photoshop. Unfortunately I couldn't find a fix for my problem. Hopefully I will be given here an advice that actually works. Looking forward to your answers. Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something changed with the latest Windows 10 update that is affecting stylus right click interaction with modifier keys.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a total bummer. Should I expect that to be fixed in the next bugs fix update or is it something ultra particular and I should work on changing my workflow?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We do not have an immediate fix in hand for this issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2017 Nov 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same problem (stylus only) after the latest win10 update, super annoying as it's probably my most used feature in my professional work...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 03, 2017 Nov 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got it to work by returning to a previous Windows 10 build. You actually have the option if you go to the W10 recovery settings. M Shaw was definitely right. It's a Windows problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2017 Nov 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah me too, not that it's optimal to run an outdated OS as a workaround. I contacted Microsoft on the issue and they pointed back to the third party developers (Adobe). Please look into this M Shaw​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue and it's killing me! I too confirmed that it has to do with the latest Windows 10 update. Same Wacom drivers + same (latest) version of PS on another computer and it works fine. Reverting to the previous version of Wacom drivers does not help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all.

I found this and it worked for me, I hope it helps.

Link to other part in forum I found it: Alt-right click-drag: brush adjust not working in CC 2018

1. Create a file that contains instructions to revert to the WinTab functionality.

2. Create a text file in a text editor such as Notepad.

Type in the following lines:

# Use WinTab

UseSystemStylus 0

3. Save the file as a plain text file named PSUserConfig.txt

4. Put (copy) the file into the Photoshop settings folder: C:\Users\[User Name]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2015\Adobe Photoshop CC 2015 Settings\

5. Restart Photoshop and check the pen pressure and overall performance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2017 Nov 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked. Thank you so much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2017 Dec 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seriously, you are a life saver! THANK YOU!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2018 Jan 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess something Wrong with Windows Update, but it work1, Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 01, 2018 Apr 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I just tried this for the newest Windows Update and this doesn't work. Is it working for you?
I recall having tried this back when I asked this and it still didn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2018 Apr 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! The "Use Windows Ink" did not end up working for me. But:

1. Create a file that contains instructions to revert to the WinTab functionality.

2. Create a text file in a text editor such as Notepad.

Type in the following lines:

# Use WinTab

UseSystemStylus 0

3. Save the file as a plain text file named PSUserConfig.txt

4. Put (copy) the file into the Photoshop settings folder: C:\Users\[User Name]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2015\Adobe Photoshop CC 2015 Settings\

5. Restart Photoshop and check the pen pressure and overall performance.

...from earlier in the comments did the trick. I could not originally find the location to place the file but if you search for the keywords "Adobe Photoshop CC Settings" it shows up (hopefully). Hope that is helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same error here. Using Yiynova 19U. Alt-right drag functions no longer work after the last big windows update. I'm very familiar with the PSUserConfig.txt fix. This has worked in the past, but not this time.

Any other solutions out there?

Not being snarky, but I need to ask.....

Adobe, can you replicate this error? Is this a known bug or not?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2018 Jan 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I had the same problem after updating to windows 10
this solution fixed mine:
got to wacom tablet properties

go to mapping tab
uncheck windows ink

Capture.PNG

now try brush size in photoshop Alt+right click on the pen and drag.
Good luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This works for me, but it also disables my pressure sensitivity. It's so frustrating...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 02, 2018 Apr 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For anyone who tried rickardl81706468's advice and it doesn't work this could help you!

My mistake was copy pasting the "PSUserConfig.txt" file name. It has to be without the ".txt". Removed it out of the name and now it works. Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines