Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Big .cpd file

New Here ,
Dec 05, 2008 Dec 05, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
I have one project which I noticed takes really long time to open and publish. I looked at some of the file sizes and I noticed the .cpd file is about 9MB, whereas other projects .cpd is 1MB or less and this project is no bigger than any others as far as content goes.

I'm guessing I've got a bad .cpd file and need to rebuild it? Can someone give me some instructions on what to do to fix this ?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This can happen from time to time. Just close your project, rename the CPD file to something like projectnameold.cpd and reopen your project. The CPD file is rebuilt. Only when you are sure everything is OK, delete the old CPD file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This can happen from time to time. Just close your project, rename the CPD file to something like projectnameold.cpd and reopen your project. The CPD file is rebuilt. Only when you are sure everything is OK, delete the old CPD file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great thanks. Is there a need to rename the new .cpd file back to the original name? or does it not matter at all if the .cpd file name is different than the .xpj file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If there is no cpd file for a project (and in effect there won't be if you've renamed the old one) opening the project will create a new cpd file with the same name as the .xpj file (e.g. projecta.xpj = projecta.cpd). Therefore you won't have to rename anything as you'll end up with the same file names as before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well that makes sense...my brain is just warming up for the day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Don't worry. Mine is doing it's post exercise stretches after a LONG week and looking forward to that when I get home.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp