• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issue with URL links in publish online

New Here ,
Oct 10, 2017 Oct 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a test interactive document with links to product DG012 on our company website.

https://indd.adobe.com/view/da74b2d3-46b2-40cf-99e2-8201ddc6248a

When the link is clicked from publish online it opens the page but seems to disable all scripts that run on the website. e.g. search field and add to cart no longer functions on that page.

The website itself functions correctly if you navigate to the link manually ( http://www.lockhart.co.uk/Table-Service-and-Buffet/Buffet-Display/Display-Stands/Rafters-Fusion-1-2-... ).

On closer inspection it seems to be an iframe issue -

If I go into chrome developer tools i get the following errors:

The key "target-densitydpi" is not supported.

cast_sender.js:76 Uncaught DOMException: Failed to construct 'PresentationRequest': The document is sandboxed and lacks the 'allow-presentation' flag.

at V.P (chrome-extension://pkedcjkdefgpdelpbcmbmeomcjbeemfm/cast_sender.js:76:87)

at Object.chrome.cast.P (chrome-extension://pkedcjkdefgpdelpbcmbmeomcjbeemfm/cast_sender.js:91:165)

at g.VI.g.h.init (https://www.youtube.com/yts/jsbin/player-vflgfcuiz/en_US/base.js:5981:519)

at xAa (https://www.youtube.com/yts/jsbin/player-vflgfcuiz/en_US/remote.js:34:60)

at yAa (https://www.youtube.com/yts/jsbin/player-vflgfcuiz/en_US/remote.js:35:8)

at window.chrome.window.chrome.cast.window.chrome.cast.isAvailable.window.__onGCastApiAvailable (https://www.youtube.com/yts/jsbin/player-vflgfcuiz/en_US/remote.js:35:374)

at chrome.cast.ea (chrome-extension://pkedcjkdefgpdelpbcmbmeomcjbeemfm/cast_sender.js:94:152)

Rafters-Fusion-1-2-Board~p~DG012:1 Blocked form submission to '/cart/add' because the form's frame is sandboxed and the 'allow-forms' permission is not set.

Rafters-Fusion-1-2-Board~p~DG012:1 Blocked form submission to '/search' because the form's frame is sandboxed and the 'allow-forms' permission is not set.

When clicked the link opens in a new window so I am not sure how to go about editing the code behind the sandbox element.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Chris

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried with more than one browser?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tested on chrome on both mac and pc which both have same issue with the add to cart button and search field.

Firefox seems to have same issues as chrome but interestingly in safari the add to cart button functions but the search field is still disabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Someone else posted a similar problem the other day. With that one it was a PDF link that didn't work on Safari.

Something's buggy somewhere but I don't know where.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This issue suprises me.

I tried opening the published online document on my mobile using Safari and Chrome; by clicking the item (#4) you mentioned it took me to the website.

Fortunately, all operations on that website including Add to basket, search funtion, live chat etc work fine.

Did i misunderstood the question? Do you mean that you are not able to "get" input values from the webpage once it is opened from the published online document?

-Aman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the plot thickens, I assume it was on an iphone if you have safari?

I just tried on my Samsung S8 in chrome and the button + search field are disabled.

I then tried on my colleagues iphone 7 in safari the button works but search field is disabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Tried on iphone and safari and chrome. Search isnt disabled for me...

Chrome screen:

IMG_7293.PNG

Safari screen:

IMG_7294.PNG

-Aman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes its possible to type in the field, but if you press search does it actually return results or just sit on same page?

That is issue which is occuring during my tests. The script behind the search field appears to be disabled. as well as the functionality behind the add to cart (dependant on browser).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am able to type in the search and the search works fIne too. I have tried this on both chrome and safari using my mobile.

Waiting for some suggestions from BobLevine​ as he is always up with useful tips and tricks.

-Aman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’ve got nothing. There’s a problem somewhere but I have no clue where it is? Browser? Publish Online?

I have no clue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2017 Oct 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for looking into it, i guess Ill report as a bug and see what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have been facing the same issue and after extenssive testing we have found the cause. Within the adobe published page there is an iframe in sandbox mode. the sandbox mode does not allow forms and as a result it breaks the form submissions. I am trying to work out why this impact pages that are linked from and open in a new tab but I have confirmed that adding allow-forms to an iframe will fix this issue.

Hopefully Adobe will be able to push a fix for this. amaarora​ BobLevine​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you please report the issue here.Adobe InDesign Feedback

Please add all relevant information.

-Aman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated the bug report earlier today. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2017 Dec 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just discovered this very problem today on my projects as well. And had an IT left tell me the same thing: "I suspect that the "Allow Forms" attribute is either buried deeply in InDesign, or it is just not accessible."

Two different storefronts, same result where the forms on the websites I go to from Publish Online don't work.

https://indd.adobe.com/view/c51f4f0a-bd8d-48cb-843a-877f4adfc9d9 (try entering a book title in field)

https://indd.adobe.com/view/e2cb9f18-78d1-4152-82f9-00c6eb917ef9 (click on any buy this book, which take you the the next page, then "Add to Cart" doesn't work. amaarora BobLevine

I too can report to InDesign Feedback site if needed.

Brian Donahue

bedesigninc.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2017 Dec 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should say this shopping cart button is on page 3 or my doc above in previous thread : ^^

This is the response my client's tech guy presented me with today:

We are running into an issue:  once the Cart icon " src="cid:image003.png@01D36F5F.51B52A80" alt="image003.png" class="Apple-web-attachment"> is clicked, and the visitor is redirected to Joanne's site, they are unable to: Search, Add Products to their Cart, or Checkout.  This issue arises from a Web Browser Security Measure that we cannot control from her website or our server. 

• In the PDF there are embedded <iframes> that need an another attribute added: allow-forms

This additional attribute will permit visitors to exit the PDF and then use forms (like a Search field, or Checkout page). Without this^^ attribute, the website is basically broken.  

Here is some reading on it:

Can you please let us know what you find out, or if you know of another solution?

Brian Donahue

bedesigninc.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2018 May 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A client just pointed out this exact issue on a site we have a book published online for.

Is there any update or workaround anyone has found on this?

Patrick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
May 30, 2018 May 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you let me know if this (temporarily) resolves it:

Right-mouse click on the link and then choose Open in new Tab.

This has avoided the iFrame issue in other cases, I'd like to know your result.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2018 May 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Diane,

Right click and Open In New Tab works, but that's because when you open a link that way, it's ignoring the iframe codes that are causing the problem directly from the published document.

That's however not a practical solution to tell lots of viewers to open in new tab - the code on the published document page needs to be improved to not restrict opening the link in a new tab - either by dropping the restriction (which then creates a security risk) or by improving the options on the published document to have some API style features where you can allow particular domains to be 'whitelisted' for a document.

Patrick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jun 01, 2018 Jun 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. Can you please vote and add your comments to this specific issue on the Bug Report/Feature request for Publish Online; the more people Adobe hears from, the more likely they are to address it. Your suggestion above (whitelisting) would be good to add. This link should go to the specific report for this issue:

Publish Online URL links breaking website functionality – Adobe InDesign Feedback

Also, FWIW, one colleague did add specific instructions on the document page to right click and choose new tab, and that seemed to work as well as satisfy his client.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2018 Jun 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Diane,

Thanks - voted. I see it's now Under Review which is a positive - will wait to see what happens in future.

Might try to put some code in that refreshes the page cleanly when the referrer is the document... if I work it out will post it back here.

Patrick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2019 Feb 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As of Feb 2019, we're having the same issue.  We have a PDF being published online. There's a button on the PDF that leads to a Contact Us page on our website, which opens with no issues.  When you try to fill out the form, it's blocked due to no allow-forms in the sandbox.

image001.png

This is causing a problem for us. If we can't link it back to a form for people to express interest in our offering, we're not achieving our goal for the document. 

Hoping to hear an update on this soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2019 Feb 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you referring to an interactive pdf parked on a website somewhere, or an .indd document pushed to Adobe's server using Publish Online?

It seems Adobe has addressed this iframe/sandbox with Publish Online docs. Forms seem to works on my publish online documents now, when they didn't about a year ago (same exact docs, no updates).

Could it be something with the facebook url you're pointing to?

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2019 Jul 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anybody resolved this, we've just had the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jul 18, 2019 Jul 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As brian-bedesign​ said, this issue has been resolved. The last time I tried, it worked. By that I mean a Publish Online document had a link to a PDF on a server, and it opened the PDF window correctly.

Can you please let us know the platform and browser that's giving you trouble? Also, if you could post the Publish Online document, that would be helpful to test in other browsers. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines