• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Resizing Logo for Facebook Profile Pic Not Working

Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm currently trying to resize a logo down to fit the standard 170px x 170px Facebook profile picture size. When I change the image size to 170px, then go to canvas size and change it to 170px, it's coming out extremely blurry. I've attached screenshots for further info. The first is the original sizing I'm working with and the second is what happens when I follow the steps I listed above. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do, as I'm new to this, but I wouldn't think I would lose this much quality? I've also tried it with various resolutions to no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Screen Shot 2017-11-09 at 12.57.20 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-11-09 at 12.55.29 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That second screenshot - shows that you are zoomed in so you can see the individual pixels. View at 100% zoom, which uses 1 screen pixel for 1 image pixel.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I only did that because I wanted to see what it actually looked like, as it was too small at 100% to view. When I upload it to Facebook, this is what it looks like Screen Shot 2017-11-09 at 4.12.33 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nikkim98357805  wrote

Yes, I only did that because I wanted to see what it actually looked like, as it was too small at 100% to view.

No getting round it, a 170px x 170px image will look small or blurred.

On a 100 dpi monitor it will measure 1.7 inches square. On a 4k 21.5" retina screen (219dpi)  it will measure .77" x 0.77", unless the browser scales it to use 4 screen pixels for every image pixel. 

Have you tried uploading at 340x340px?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just did. It technically worked, but still seemed a little blurry. I ended up doing 680x680 and that seemed to work. I was just under the impression that it HAD to be 170x170 per all the social media sizing sheets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Although that does seem to be a little blurry as well compared to our normal logo picture. I'm not quite sure what I should be doing. Screen Shot 2017-11-09 at 5.35.50 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-11-09 at 5.35.39 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines